Wednesday, September 27, 2017

Progress on unpacking

I got up around 7:30? I searched for an interview to listen to. As it played, I searched through boxes for my coffee maker. When I found the coffee pot in the box in the garage, I suddenly remembered that the coffee maker arrived in the previous shipment and all I needed was the coffee pot. So I had to look through the cupboards to find the coffee maker. I rinsed the coffee pot and filled it with water to warm in the coffee maker. I ran water in the tub to see if it would hold water. It did, but I decided to save the salt/baking soda soak for the end of the coffee morning. I hoped the repair man would not arrive before noon.
After the usual coffee morning activities, I took a detox bath which involves a cup of baking soda and a cup of sea salt. I am not sure how long I laid in the tub, but afterward I took a shower. I laid on the infrared heating pad for a bit. Then I put on another audio while I made and ate breakfast.
The interviewee talked about not sitting for long. So I got up and got out my trombone stand. I unpacked my trombone and played the hymn once. Since I agreed to come half an hour early to choir practice to play with the organist, I needed to have my arrangement of the hymn written down. For that, I needed a pencil. But the only pencil I could think of was in a can on the computer desk. It was completely surrounded by boxes and I could not reach it.
I re-arranged boxes. I erected a set of heavy-duty shelves in the bedroom so I could move in the boxes of clothing. But they were pretty heavy. I put the Korean chests on top of each other. They were light. But on top of that I put the TV cabinet. It was not. I could not just lift it up there. I had to made a stairstep of boxes and leverage it up a little at a time until I could swing it into place. Finally I was able to shift one last tower of boxes out of the way and get the pencil. But I needed a break to have the energy to use it.
I laid in bed for awhile. I did some stretches there. I was still there when Chris came home from work. He changed clothes and put something on the stove for supper. Eventually I decided that resting in bed wasn't helping. So I got up and sat at the piano to write a few notes. All I did was ornament the long notes at the end of each phrase. Then I went outside to read in the sun for a few minutes. Even though the sun was on my back, my eyes were hurting.
Soon Chris called out that supper was ready. So I went in and put some of the ground beef and veggies in a bowl. I put a little salsa and the remaining buckwheat noodles on it. My glasses were on my head. After eating, I put the trombone in its case and gathered the music and my purse. And my glasses were gone. I couldn't find them anywhere, so I left without them.
I arrived at the church at 6:25. I waited in my car until the organist showed up. The choir director was right behind her. We all went into the church. I got out my trombone and my handwritten music. The organist played a verse, then I played a verse, then she played a variation and then I played a variation. We decided we would do it again on Sunday.
Other choir members showed up. We ran through our songs for the next month. And we ended at 8.
I left choir practice and stopped at Publix on the way home for bread flour, organic soup and Command hooks. When I got home, he was on his laptop. I made a salad and a mug of hot bone broth. Chris made his sandwich for tomorrow.
We watched three episodes of Lucifer. Then Chris went to bed. I stayed up to write my blog in reverse. Somehow it is easier to reconstruct my day in that order.
* a pic from yesterday *

No comments: