Monday, September 25, 2017

Househunting for fun

I got up around 8 and took a shower. I listened to an interview while making breakfast. Many people diagnosed with Alzheimer's actually have a treatable condition, like hormone inbalance, thyroid issue or non-symptomatic bladder infection. Also being on medications that they no longer need.
I made and ate breakfast, then got dressed for church. We left abut 9:50 and arrived at church five minutes before the choir began their warm-up. I signed us up for the pictorial directory photo session. Then I practiced with the choir.
At the beginning of the service, each family was handed a slip of paper to write their contribution on. At the end of the service, we walked up to drop it in a basket on the altar. Then the pastor prayed over the basket and over the lunch to follow.
After that, I took my choir folder out to the car. Then we went into the fellowship hall for lunch. I enjoyed visiting with all my church friends. When most people had left, Chris and I helped move the chairs and tables out of the way for a class tomorrow. Then we drove home.
As we pulled up to our house, Rebecca was sitting in her car in our driveway. She asked if she was early, and yes, by 25 minutes. I invited her in to see the house. I gave her the tour, then changed my clothes. She gave me dehydrated apple slices as a housewarming gift.
I got in her car and we went to an open house. It was one I had seen on Zillow. No, we haven't any word on whether we are staying here or not, but I like looking at houses and so does Rebecca. Anyway, I liked the house except for the windows. They were original to the house and not double-paned insulated. There were a lot of trees in the back yard and not much with proper sunlight for a garden.
When we left, we went to Drake and looked for signs for another open house. We enjoyed commenting on all the houses we rode by. When we found the open one, we decided not to go in because it was way below the level of the road – not what I had in mind.
We drove on. We followed another sign and found ourselves in the cul-de-sac on Garth Road. We went inside and were greeted by a very nice real estate agent. I looked to the left and was amazed by the very large chandelier over the modest dining room table. The house was amazing, with 4 bedrooms and 6 baths. Two bedrooms were on the first floor. And there was a garage and storage below. Out back was a large deck and a firepit and a rocky area where a garden might be possible. The $500,000+ price tag was not encouraging.
From there we found a place that was for sale by owner. It had a nice back yard that was perfect for a garden. But they were not having an open house and we did not knock on the door. It was after 4, so she took me home. It was a very pleasant afternoon.
Chris was on his laptop. I went outside to sit in the sun and listen to an interview on electropollution: Thousands of people are electro-refugees. At this point the only place on earth without any man-made radiation is a place in West Virginia where a special telescope resides, looking for celestial radiation. Man-made radiation is not allowed to interfere with the sensitive instruments. There is a colony of people nearby who live there to escape the health challenges of everyday life in the rest of the electrified world.
I sat in a chair for awhile, but got restless. I plucked grass from the edge of the patio and scraped up the dirt left behind into small pots for planting stuff later.
I ate some seed crackers and a banana. Then I laid on my new PEMF heating pad in the guest room. I filled the time by reading a library book.
I got up a quarter of 8 and made some hot bone broth. Chris tuned his laptop to Netflix and connected the TV. We watched two episodes of SHIELD. Chris went to bed.
I finished reading a library book, although it took hours. I think I took a nap in the middle of it. I wrote up my blog and went to bed.

No comments: