Wednesday, September 6, 2017

Dining table is back together

I heard Chris getting ready for work. I got up to have some water and blow congestion from my sinuses. I drank some water and went back to bed, but not for long. I boiled water to disinfect my toothbrush. I found myself sucking on my teeth so I drank more water, with vitamin C. I found a long lace doily that I thought would cover the sidelight by the door. But it was out of shape. I went into the sewing room to iron it. But I could not find an available outlet. All were covered by shelving units. I had to drag the ironing board into the hallway. I dabbed some water on the wrinkled places and ironed it flat. Then I drank more water and deleted the first round of e-mail while listening to a video.
I boiled water for coffee and put on some meditation music. But instead of a quiet morning, there was lots of lawn mowing going on. At one point it sounded like it was in our back yard, but no.
When I finished, I cleaned one bathroom, and then three men knocked on the door to fix the window in the bedroom. I left them in there while I cleaned the kitchen, and emptied the dishwasher. They said the part they ordered was too small so they would have to order another one. If it was going to take a long time, they would take a part from an empty house. I told them they could take a part from one of the windows in this house that we were not going to put furniture in front of. He nodded, but then they left.
At one point, I heard sirens wailing. It took me 15 minutes to realize that it was the county tornado warning system. Probably more relevant to another part of the county. I went outside to water the mums and pull weeds. I put away towels from the dryer. Then I heard the giant voice say “Tornado warning. Take cover immediately.” A little alarmed, I did not know if I should close the windows or not. So I called Chris and he had no idea there was a warning. So all the sirens were just in the residential area? I waited for a few minutes and decided nothing was happening and went ahead with my day.
I decided to put Christmas fabric in the chifferobe in the garage. But when I opened the door, it came off the top hinge. I carefully shut it again, then went looking for a screwdriver. I had one with the sewing machine I bought weeks ago, but it was buried in the closet. I looked through Grandma's stuff but did not see one. I found one in the laundry room, but got side tracked doing something else. Then it occurred to me that the moving men were supposed to come this afternoon and assemble the dining room table. So they could do the chifferobe door as well.
I took the bowl of soaked cashews and sunflower seeds out of the fridge. I blended them in the Magic Bullet with fermented coconut milk. I left it out to ferment and scraped the leftovers from the blades.
The toilet handle fell off. There was nothing to hold it on. I went looking for a screw-in piece for the handle. What I found were shelf clips. I tried one in the living room, but it didn't fit the cabinet. I tried one from a different bag and that worked better. I did not see any like the shelving unit in the sewing room, though.
I ironed two shelf liners and put them in the china cabinet. I arranged glassware on them.
I measured lots of sides and heights of furniture pieces, trying to figure out how to arrange it to make the best use of space in the sewing room and guest room. (Bertha sure knew what she was doing when she lent me a yardstick.) I wasn't having a lot of luck. I started making breakfast. And that's when the moving men showed up to assemble the dining room table.
I sat down to jot notes for my blog. Chris came home from work. He had a sore throat. I showed him the door to the chifferobe and he said to tell the moving men. When they finished putting the table together, I showed them the door and they fixed it in two minutes. Then they piled all the wet empty boxes outside onto their truck and drove away. I waved from the garage.
Chris wanted to shop for Nyquil and Dayquil. So I put my shoes on and got in the car. We stopped at the post office first and got a package from Swanson. Then we went to the Asian store. There was one package of kimbap left, which I got. He asked for cough medicine and she pointed out the Korean equivalent. Then he asked for the honey/citron drink and she showed him where it was. He bought that instead. Then we went across the street to the WalMart neighborhood store. There he found Nyquil and Dayquil and a loaf of bread.
On the way back, we ate some of the kimbap. I finished the last few back at the house. He took the medicine. Then I finished making breakfast and ate that while reading e-mail. I decided not to go to choir practice because I could still be contagious. Then I got hung up reading an expose on private prisons. Chris broke the spell by turning on SHIELD. We watched two episodes. He put some shelf pins in a cabinet for me and went to bed. I took my evening supplements and posted to my blog.
* Here is where I keep all the flowers I am not allowed to plant. *

No comments: