Tuesday, September 12, 2017

Organizing the 'hurricane' that hit my sewing room

I got up about 7:30 and drank a glass of water. Chris wanted 5 minutes, but it took longer than that. I drank more water. I moved the shower curtain from the ball bath to the master bath. I put the curtain from the master bath in the laundry room, along with a shower curtain that we unpacked yesterday. Then I read e-mail and responded to messages. I wrote my blog post for yesterday.
Every place I had planned to go today was closed or canceled, as was the gate I would have used to get there. So I stayed home.
I listened to an interview from the pain summit: People with unbalanced gut flora have a higher perception of pain. I poured the kefir through a strainer to get the grains out. I gave the grains another cup of milk to work on, and drank the yogurt-like product they had already produced.
After I ate breakfast, we went to the garage to unpack the last boxes. They were marked 'books' and 'magazines' and they were really heavy. We opened all the ones on the left. I guess Chris got tired of moving them around because he decided to accept the ones on the right as unopened. The figures he was looking for would not have been in so small a box.
Then I worked on organizing my sewing room. Anything not quilting-related had to go. But there was no place to put it. So I had to work concurrently on the guest room and the laundry room. When I finished with the guest room, I was able to put a table runner on Grandma's sewing cabinet and put a machine on top of it. It was a thrift shop machine, not my original one, which I thought came in the shipment from Korea, but now I can't find it. Both the garage and the laundry room looked better once I finished (or rather stopped for supper). So did the sewing room and I had a big box full of fabric pieces to give away.
I ate supper and read the last part of the library book, the most riveting part, where the weirdest stuff happens. I must have clenched my teeth because the broken tooth started to ache and I was afraid I might have cracked it in another spot. When I finished, it was 9, so I thought we would only watch one episode of SHIELD, but he got hooked and we saw three. Then he went to bed. I stayed up to drink water, take my evening supplements, and post to my blog.
* This is one of the quilts that Bertha lent us. I took the pic before I returned it yesterday. *

No comments: