Friday, September 1, 2017

Twin cars

We got up at 4am. He took a shower but I just threw on some clothes and drank two cups of water. Leaving the house, I spied a very large web. So I hung back and warned Chris, but he didn't see it until he walked through it.
We got in the car and I drove to the airport. After dropping him off for his flight to Atlanta, I drove back to the base. Because it was so early, Gate 9 was the only one open. I found it ok, but then missed the u-turn. I took the next turn, but it was unfamiliar territory. I took a few other turns as well. I got lost driving unfamiliar roads in the dark and the rain. When I got anxious, I had a hot flash and the windshield fogged up. I said a prayer and suddenly found myself coming up to Patton road. From there I was able to find my way back to the house.
I went back to bed, but could not sleep with the wind howling outside. I tried for a long time, and might have dozed off.
I got up at 8. I wanted a coffee morning, but it wasn't that easy. There was no counter space in the kitchen because Chris unpacked things onto it. I swept the floor, and cleared some space. I put loaner dishes back in their box. I found a coffee pot and a tea kettle. I boiled water for coffee and tried to simmer it, but even on the lowest setting, the gas stove had it boiling. I swished while listening to the last part of Episode 9:
The doctor recommended doing a wild ferment outside, to get thousands of species of microbes. But you get more from breathing than from eating. He said to go outside and breathe bacteria from many different places. When you pull weeds, take a breath because it releases lots of soil microbes into the air.
I put on some meditation music, exercised, and drybrushed. The door bell rang. A man asked me if I owned a dog. He was looking for the owner of a loose dog. I wished him luck. I went back to my morning routine.
I was almost finished when I heard the door open. I was a little alarmed, but it turned out to be Chris. He was able to get his appointment early. It went quickly and he had no trouble driving his car back. He made himself coffee and I made breakfast. After I ate, we unpacked all the suitcases and boxes in the master bedroom. Then we started on the kitchen. A lot of it was decorative glassware. I would have wrapped each piece back up and put it back in the box. But Chris' idea was to unwrap each piece, and put the ones we didn't think we needed in another box, still unwrapped. We took a break for supper and e-mail, then did the last two boxes. We took another break for e-mail, and then watched an episode of SHIELD. We went to bed, but I got up later to post to my blog and take my evening supplements.
* This is Bertha's quilt, taken on Monday. *

No comments: