Friday, September 22, 2017

A productive day

I got up at 6:20. I brushed my teeth and swished with the coconut/cacao powder solution. I drank water and reviewed a map of Redstone Arsenal. I listened to part of an audio while reading e-mail. Then I washed up, got dressed and hunted down my footies. I put on my shoes and grabbed the overdue library book.
I headed out to the dealership. Chris told me to leave at 8, and I may have been a few minutes early, but I arrived before 8:15.
I pulled into the service bay, not sure where to park. I left my car in the middle and, since no one approached the car, I got out and went to the desk. A man took my name and checked the mileage on my car. He told me to wait in the waiting room. I wasn't there long, before another man came to get me. He was the technician. He asked if he could drive my car and I said yes. So he popped the seat and lowered it and pushed it back so he could get in. I got in the other side. We went for a drive, the same one I did when I test drove it. We discussed how the engine decides when to shift gears, and how GM needs the start/stop technology to make their cars compliant with the gov't requirements. So they won't budge no matter how customers complain. It was enlightening.
We tried to make the AC noise come back, but it did not appear. We drove around the parking lot and heard nothing. He said technicians did not get paid unless they fixed something so he really wanted to hear that sound. We pulled back into the bay. He said to bring it back if I hear the noise again.
After he left, I drove slowly out. I couldn't figure out where the noise had gone. The air from the AC was warm, so I turned the dial to as cold as possible. As I drove around the parking lot, very slowly, I turned the blower down to one notch. And then I heard it. Not the same sound as before, but a sound. I went back to the bay, but the technician was off driving with someone else. The other guy said to have the sound checked out at the first oil change.
So I headed back, stopping at the post office to check the mail – none. I also dropped by the library to put the book in the book drop.
When I got back to the house, I watered the flowers. I listened to interviews from Alzheimers summit. I copied a list of herbs and supplements from the interview page into an e-mail for my reference file. There was lots of talk about the benefits of rhodiola rosacea. I made and ate breakfast while listening.
At 12:30, I drove south across the post to Gate 3. I got turned around on Redstone Road because it looked like everyone was turning early, and the road turned north. But when I trusted the road, it did come out at the gate and soon I was parked at Cecelia's house.
I visited with her and Art. Then she asked me to look at the little sewing machine she bought for her granddaughter. Then she mentioned her printer. So we looked at that for too long. I made progress, but the software insisted that she register it before it would let her print.
All of a sudden I noticed that it was after 2:30, my massage appt. I called Gabriele to tell her I was on my way. And in 10 minutes on the parkway, I was there. She and I talked for a bit and so the massage got a late start. But she couldn't go past 4 because she had another client. She massaged my back, neck, shoulders and stomach. Then she left while I got dressed. I paid her and then I left. I decided to go to Great Clips and try my luck. I had to wait a little bit, but not too long. And I got a good hairdresser. She understood what kind of haircut I needed - wash and wear hair. It came out like a mess and she proclaimed it cute. It was a little out of my comfort zone, but the hair of my youth is gone so I will have to get used to this.
When I got home, Chris was on his laptop. He had sweet potatoes and veggies in the oven. I sat down to jot a few notes for my blog. I sat outside for a few minutes. I read e-mail and watched an episode of The Quilt Show.
Then I washed three pairs of footies while Chris loaded Lucifer in the DVD player. We watched the last episode and then one of SHIELD. I kind of fell asleep and Chris carried me to bed. But I woke up with the thought that the footies hadn't been set out to dry. So I got up to do that, to post to my blog, and to turn the router off. I had a headache and wondered if the 5G router was responsible.
* the back of our house *

No comments: