Thursday, September 7, 2017

The condition of this unit has improved

I slept in after Chris left for work. When I got up, I drank lots of water with vitamin C. I checked e-mail and swished. I looked at houses for sale on Zillow – just in case. I rolled up a sheet of newsprint very tightly and used it like a curtain rod to hang a lace panel in the window. It looked pretty good, but the tape did not last throughout the day.
I went from room to room, filling out the very long and detailed 'condition of unit' form. The lamp I was using to check outlets got stuck in the outlet in kitchen. I used the coffee grinder after that. I put stars by the items that needed to be fixed.
I walked the form to the housing office. I showed it to Donya and she said she would submit work orders. I asked about touch-up paint. She said Self-Help would give me some. Then I walked back a different way, not sure it would work, but it did, though it took longer.
I made breakfast. I ate it outside, sitting in the backyard. I listened to an interview. I was sitting on the couch, when a man knocked on the door. His buddy wasn't far behind. They came to fix the things on the sheet. So I pointed to the issues. Most were easy fixes. They replaced the blinds, realigned the drawer to the stove, sprayed wd-40 into the lock, sprayed wasp spray into the light fixture, pushed harder on the smoke alarm than I did and pronounced it ok, tightened the outlet in the guest room. I also mentioned the sound of water in the bathroom. The older guy could not hear it. The younger guy said it was a sound toilets normally make due to the air trapped in the porcelain passageway. I could not make sense of that, but accepted that there was no leak and I had done my due diligence to report it.
I went back to the interview. I was able to listen while making up 10 days worth of supplements. I also read e-mail.
Chris came home from work and made a cup of lemon/citron drink. He changed his clothes. I went to the post office to check the mail and there was a package from Swansons. Why it did not come packaged with the rest of the order yesterday, I don't know. Then I stopped by the library to check out a book.
Denise called me while I was driving, so when I got home, I called her back. But she did not answer.
Then I read the rest of the expose on private prisons: Deplorable conditions. Poorly paid, understaffed, negligent on medical care because it costs too much. And they don't want the inmates to reform and go free because then they don't get paid.
I asked Chris to get the weed eater out of the box. It was packed so tightly with other garage items that I couldn't get it out. While he ate supper, I untangled a long cord and plugged in the weed eater. I cut a swath of several feet across the whole near end of the yard. The grass was so thick I could not tell how deeply I had cut it. I decided that was enough for one day.
After watching a sewing video and part of another GMO video, I paused to help Chris unpack. We did several boxes. One held a broken piece of glass. We opened the guitar case and saw that one string had come loose or broken. Then we came to two shelving units, one sat on top of the other. So, we discussed it several ways, then rearranged the sewing room to accommodate it. I am still not sure how I will get my sewing desk in there.
Then Chris called it quits for the night. We sat on the couch and watched two episodes of SHIELD. Chris took some vitamin C and went to bed. I stayed up to blog and take my evening supplements. I should be getting better, but the congestion won't quit. Maybe I am not sick, just allergic to something.
* The dining room needs something, but what is it? *

No comments: