Monday, September 25, 2017

Good news...

I got up at 9. I drank water and listened to interviews. I warmed a cup of milk in a pan of hot tap water. Then I used it to make bread in the new bread machine. I made and ate breakfast. I texted with my tapping buddy. I practiced my trombone. Then I got dressed and went to quilting.
I tried to take off the headrests in my car, because I don't need the driver's head rest and the passenger headrest obscures my line of vision when looking out the back passenger window. When I was unable to remove it myself, I looked it up in the manual. The front seat ones are not removeable. :(
I worked on dividing the brown Linus quilt into two parts, then removing the binding from one and using it to finish off the other one. That was Dinah's idea. We also discussed asking the Linus people if we could give it to the hospice place that has asked our group to donate quilts. It seemed to me that it was more appropriate for older people than for kids. Dinah left early, so Bertha and I finished up together. And then we went home.
I parked in the driveway and took my machine and sewing gear out of the trunk. A man in a big truck was clipping errant tree sprouts from the flower beds. Then I drove to the post office, where I found one piece of mail. When I got back, I checked the street mailbox and it was empty. I was hoping for something from Netflix.
I listened to several audios while making seed crackers and constructing an order from Nuts.com. While I was at sewing, Chris had called to say the moving company wanted to bring our last shipment tomorrow. And I said YES!!! But now I had to think about where all the stuff will go once it gets here.
Chris finally came home from work. It was almost 7. He made his usual supper and I made a salad. We discussed how to handle the delivery tonorrow.
Chris moved the kitchen table from the living room to the kitchen. I moved boxes out of that corner so the table would fit. I moved items and boxes in the garage to make more space out there. Then we moved the computer desk from parallel to the wall to perpendicular so the next computer desk can be back to back with it (because there is no wall space left for it). I played my trombone, then packed it up and put it in the master bedroom so it wouldn't get lost in the shuffle.
Chris hooked up the small laptop to the TV. But it wanted to do updates first. We waited and waited....and waited. Finally Chris hooked his laptop to the TV and we watched two episodes of SHIELD. I kind of dozed off on the couch. I laid there a long time before I convinced myself to get up for my evening supplements and to post to my blog.
* This is what I sewed borders on today. *

No comments: