Saturday, September 23, 2017

Sewing away from home

I got up at 7:15. I listened to the Female Brain Summit, and part of the Alzheimer's summit. I washed up and got dressed. I took pics of my hair because my brother requested one. I packed some seed crackers, an apple and coconut water. I put my sewing stuff in the car, and watered the flowers.
Then I headed off to Linus Blanket Daze. I had never been there before. There was a map in my head from studying roads on the internet. I followed my chosen route until the last turn. I could not find Dallas St. I had to go up, over and back down. I parked in the lot and walked to the church. When I ascertained which building it was in, I went back for my machine and sewing gear. I knew some of the ladies from Renegades. One of them told me that Dallas street no longer goes through to Pratt. No wonder I couldn't find it.
I chose a table to set up my sewing machine. Someone gave me an unfinished project to work on. 5 ½ blocks were done. I finished the 6th one and had enough pieces for a 7th. I had to cut more for an 8th block.
As I sewed, I listened to the women talking about Mike the headless chicken, a motel composed of wigwams, and Roadside America. There were door prizes and I won a Linus mug. (I was kind of hoping the winners got to choose a piece of fabric to take home). The lady sewing beside me had a stack of quilt tops that needed to be amended in some way to be more suitable for Linus purposes. I offered my opinion on her options and found myself taking one of them home with me.
At the end, when we were all packing up, I found out that Tina had brought cartons of eggs from her chickens. I could not resist the temptation to buy a dozen even though I knew Chris had gone grocery shopping while I was sewing.
Driving home was much easier than getting there because all of the one-way streets were going my way.
When I got home, I googled Mike the headless chicken to see what they were talking about. Chris put casserole dish of chicken and veggies in the oven, then we took a 2.6 mile walk, taking the route he ran this morning before I got up. It started to rain on us. He watered the flowers again because they were wilting.
He had bought me a 9'volt battery for my Gauss meter. I installed it but the meter still did not work. Chris took it apart, but could not find a problem.
I read e-mail and watched some short videos. When supper was ready, we ate. I made a mug of bone broth and Chris made popcorn. I practiced briefly. Then we watched several episodes of SHIELD. We dressed the bed in clean sheets and Chris retired. I stayed up to write to my blog

No comments: