Friday, September 8, 2017

Hon-dini

Chris took the day off so we slept in a little. Then I took a shower. I checked e-mail and was watching Genetic Roulette when the doorbell rang.
The movers came at 9am instead of 10. They carried in boxes of stuff from Korea – the small shipment. It didn't take long. But when we went looking for the items on the high-value sheet, we could not find the flute. It was not in the box that it was labeled on. We checked other boxes too and finally had to write down that it was missing. The coffee maker was there, but no coffee pot. (I assume it will be in the next shipment.) Also, one box was all oily. But when Chris opened it, there was no source of oil. However, another box contained a plastic tub that was cracked. Inside the tub was a plastic jar of coconut oil inside a plastic bag. It was empty. Several supplement bottles had bulging bottoms and were melted inside. It had gotten hot enough to melt the cocobutter, but not hot enough to melt the bees wax.
A jar of honey, never opened and still sealed, was half empty. It was inside a zip-lock bag which was dripping with honey and there was honey inside the tub. It reminded me of the question 'how do you get out of a room with no windows or doors?' I had to wash all the items in both boxes. I re-packaged as many as I could and put some in the freezer so insects could not get at them.
I called Beverly at 12:30 and we talked for over an hour. Then I made and ate breakfast. Chris did some unpacking while I was talking. He found my flute in a different box. Then he laid down to rest. And I did some unpacking, mostly supplements. But the can opener was a welcome find. I listened to part of Jeffrey Smith's interview.
Denise called at 3 and we talked for over an hour. I unpacked my new infrared heating pad. The instructions said to leave it running on high for 2 - 3 hours. So I did, but forgot about it until I sat down to write my blog. I put up a shower curtain in the hall bath. I set up my embroidery machine and made sure the touch screen worked.
Chris put some things in the washer and laid down again. I threw in a few more things and ran it. I sat outside at sunset and read a book. Then I came in and had some chicken.
At 8, we watched three episodes of Agents of SHIELD. Chris went to bed and I took my evening supplements. I had not written anything down so I had to think hard about my day to write this post.
* not broken, never opened, still sealed, but half empty. *

No comments: