Thursday, September 28, 2017

Oh mow I'm not!

.
I got up at 8:20 after lying awake and dozing off several times. I brushed my teeth with a chocolate solution. (Cacao remineralizes teeth!) When I got to the kitchen, I starting loading the bread machine. When the old flour was gone, I washed the container and started on the new bag of flour. Since the last loaf did not come out well, I looked up the manual and used one of their recipes.
I played my trombone, not needing my sheet of extra notes. I ate some leftovers and listened to today's interview from the Alzheimer's summit:

Alzheimers begins in the hippocampus. Info is received from the hippocampus and filed in the rest of the brain. But if the hippocampus is not working, the whole brain suffers. We must stimulate the hippocampus: doing something new, or doing something emotional or reviewing emotional memories. Isometric exercises are good, too. Stimulate smell and ask what memories are associated. Negative memories/emotions are more powerful for stimulating the limbic system. After smells, then familiar tastes and memories. Then have them listen to and sing familiar songs , then relate a memory. Then look at photographs and spark emotional memories. Then gentle touches. Each sense is added to the others so it may take 5-6 hours a day by the end of the 8-week program.

I watered the flowers and put my sewing gear in the car. I stopped at the bank on the way to sewing. I got cash for massages and ordered another ATM card. When I got to quilting, there were a lot of cars there so I thought there might not be any seats left. But Charmaine made space for me. I worked on the red and blue squares from Linus. Making the 9th square was fairly easy, but then I had to decide on sashing, a necessary thing because my squares were bigger than the original squares. I tried re-sewing some of the original ones to make them larger, but there wasn't enough light in the room for that. (The ceiling is painted black and the walls are dark red.) So I packed up and came home.
I checked the bread machine and the display was showing [H]. I looked up the onine manual and there was no explanation. I made and ate breakfast, then drove to the post office to check our box, but it was empty. When I got back to the house, I checked the house box, and it was empty too. I listened to another audio, about doing new things that feed your soul. The bread machine was done so I took the loaf out. It had fallen but was still in better shape than the first loaf I had made.
I looked up supplements recommended by the Alzheimer's summit on Swansons. There were only a few. I went to the garage to unpack. I found shed things in a box and there were all my gardening tools. I did not realize I had taken them all to Korea. I also found spare parts for the Neuton mower, and the power charger. I reassembled the handle to the mower. I reinforced one side with tape. But then...the key was missing. The safety key that that allows power to go from the battery to the motor. I examined every piece of paper that came from the box. No key. No key anywhere. I called William to see if there was a way to hotwire it, but he did not know of one.
I went back to unpacking boxes. I found one full of quilts. Soon Chris came home and I got him to carry that box inside for me. I told him about the key and he said to go ahead and order one. So I flipped through the manual looking for a part number. I also wanted a part number for the missing attachment knob.
While I was busy with that, my tapping buddy called. It was our regular Thursday night session. We went over an hour as usual. This time we tapped for better vision. And it seemed to work.
After our session, I submitted an order for a new key. Shipping was almost as expensive as the part. The site would not let me order a new knob. Then Chris and I watched two episodes of Lucifer. Chris made his sandwich for tomorrow and went to bed. I stayed up to sip hot bone broth and write up my blog post for today

No comments: