Wednesday, September 20, 2017

Library Search

I stayed in bed later than I planned. Then I got up, and brushed my teeth with coconut oil, baking soda and cacao powder. I got dressed, and collected garbage from around the house. I put it out in the big trashcan for pick up. I put on tapping audio, and while it played, I drank water, swished and checked out Holmes Ave. On that street is a church having a sewing day on Saturday. Getting there looked easy until I saw the one-way streets.
Then I boiled water for my usual coffee morning. I listened to an audio on balance and cognition; simple exercises for brain and body, while I cleaned both bathrooms, the kitchen, and the dining room. I swept the floors, too, and watered the mums. I ate some seed crackers with the last of the fermented nut cheese.
At 1:15, Pat came over. We were going to type the library info into a spreadsheet to alphabetize it by author, but then the author section appeared in the folder. She also wanted to put it on the guild webpage. Someone had said they had the info on a thumb drive and we did not want to reinvent the wheel. So, she drove us to Patches and Stitches to see the quilting library. We selected some books for the meeting tomorrow, in case someone wants to check out a book. They can also check one out to themselves by going to the quilt shop.
Then she drove me home. I started making breakfast. Chris came home. At 4:13 I paused eating breakfast to go to the post office. There was only one thing and it was for Chris. I stopped at the library on the way home. I returned my latest book and two DVDs. Then I checked out two more books. The clerk reminded me that they still want the previous book.
I went home and finished breakfast. I read one of the new books outside. Then I took a shower. I searched the pockets of all the suitcases and found the library book in the second to last one. Then I grabbed the tablet and headphones, and went to choir practice. We practiced a few numbers for the next month or so. The rehearsal went a little long. Afterward she asked me to play trombone for the service on October 1st . I had to leave soon to get inside the arsenal gate by 9.
When I got home, I made a mug of organic bone broth to sip while Chris and I watched two episodes of Lucifer. Then Chris read a book in bed and I stayed up to write to my blog.
* This quilt was on the wall at Patches and Stitches. *

No comments: