Sunday, September 3, 2017

Suddenly sick

I woke up in the middle of the night. My throat hurt, so I drank some water and took some vitamin C. I also tapped for a while and went back to sleep.
When I woke up again, Chris was up. I took more vitamin C. I looked through my file of health notes for cold and flu treatments. I made and ate breakfast. I boiled my toothbrush and put hydrogen peroxide on it. I put hydrogen peroxide in my ears with a q-tip. I did not go to church so as not to infect anyone. I also did not go to quilting with Renegades for the same reason. Chris made me some lemon and honey tea, then went to the store for bananas and beer. He also bought me some ginger and boiled a knuckle of it to make ginger tea. I drank that and many glasses of water. But the soreness would not go away.
I read e-mail. I sent him an article on the Seralini study and we discussed it. I put a chair out in the grass. I sat in the sun and read a book for about 45 minutes.
At 3 he wanted to go to Rob's place for barbecued ribs. I hated to refuse their offer, but I was still sick. Chris told me that I didn't seem sick to me; no runny nose or coughing, etc. So I took a shower and we walked to their place.
When we got there, I met Rob and Carla. We had a nice chat. Then Carla cooked up zucchini and squash while Rob went outside to get the ribs. He had two slabs, one spicy and one not. He cut them up and put a dish of them on the table. Carla put the cooked veggies on the table and a big bowl of salad. She said a prayer and the meal began.
The food was delicious. I ate three ribs and had seconds on the veggies and salad. The guys drank a selection of beers. Rob and Chris did most of the talking. Rob talked about getting a projector so he could watch TV on the wall, magnified. The TV he had running was 70 inches. And in his bonus room were two smaller TVs. So I asked if we could borrow one until ours comes and he said yes.
After the meal, we retired to the living room again. The guys talked shop. Rob does math and manpower for the army (I think) and he offered to help Chris re-write his resume. They talked about BRAC and such. Carla and I discussed hot flashes.
It was after 9:30 when I nudged Chris to wrap it up. We said our good byes. Rob put the TV in his truck and drove us back to our place. He carried the TV in and set it on the coffee table since no better surfaces were available. We thanked him and he left. Then I took my evening supplements. Chris was tipsy and went to bed. I checked my e-mail and wrote up my blog post, all while drinking glasses of water, trying to keep hydrated in spite of the hot flashes.
And then I went to bed.
* How do I make good use of this space? It is deep but not so accessible. *

No comments: