Friday, September 29, 2017

Dishware everywhere

I don't remember when I got up. I started unpacking boxes. I couldn't stop. Finally I made myself take a break. I read a book while lying on the special heating pad. When that became uncomfortable, I went back to unpacking. It was around noon. I fired up the modem and put on an audio. One of her first sentences caught my attention: At 95 your brain should be just as sharp as at 25. Age-related cognitive impairment is usually a combination of solvable issues.
My masseuse called to ask if I could come at 1 instead of 3 today. There wasn't time to make and eat breakfast, so I ate a can of organic soup. Then I got dressed and filled a bottle with filtered water. I headed to the store where she rents a room and was surprised to find myself there in 15 minutes.
We put clean sheets on the massage table. She asked if I wanted the bed warmer on and I said no. I didn't even need the sheet, but it is standard protocol to have one over the client. She massaged my neck, my TM joint, my legs and my feet.
Then she left so I could get dressed. I got dressed and sat in her office. I paid her and we set up an appointment for next week.
I came back to base, stopping at the post office box. I was able to pick up my latest Nuts.com order. When I got back to the house, I checked the house mail. But there was only junk mail. I put the audio back on. I unpacked some more while listening. Then I made and ate breakfast.
Chris came home from work. He brought me a basket of fabric from a lady at work who has decided she won't get around to using it. I looked through the basket and concluded that she is not a quilter. It is mostly home dec fabric.
I sat out in the back, enjoying the setting sun while reading more of my library book. It was an interesting story without being gory (so far).
I rinsed dishware that came out of the boxes, including the crock pot. I also washed dishware from the dishwasher to make room for stuff that was actually dirty. We have enough dishware to outfit 4 kitchens. I made a kind of egg drop soup in the tea pot as supper.
We watched the last episode of Lucifer Season 2. We paused it when Faye called and put Dad on the phone. He sounded a little out of it. Then we finished the episode and watched the deleted scenes and gag reels. Then Chris went to bed and I stayed up to check e-mail and post to my blog.
* This is someone else's quilt that I took a pic of last week. *

No comments: