Wednesday, January 10, 2018

A little good luck

I got up a little before 8. I put on some meditation music. The bread machine was pulled out from its corner so I thought Chris needed bread. I started a loaf of bread.
From there it was a standard coffee morning. Then I took a shower and went to Housing. I offered them a check or cash for the overdue rent instead of the cashiers check or money order that they asked for. The lady said they would let me know in a few hours.
I went home to clean on my remaining coffee buzz. I dissolved a cup of salt in a quart of water and boiled it. I poured the salt water into another container so I could rinse out whatever it was that did not dissolve. Then I boiled the salt water to reduce it. I was able to scoop salt from the bottom and I spread it out to dry.
I looked up info on retired routing numbers. It is standard practice within three years after one bank buying out another. But I could not find anything about notifying customers.
I made breakfast, and ate part of it. I went to the bank to see if we had free cashiers checks as part of our account. But no. Still, I asked if there was any way she could waive the fee and she said she could but only once. So I gave her the info and she produced a cashiers check.
I also picked up brochures to investigate the possibility of changing the other account over to BBNT. I asked but they did not know if a bank has to announce retirement of routing number.
Then I went to Publix, and checked for apple chips. They did not have any. I got pickles and sauerkraut instead. At the checkout, a different price came up from what was on the shelf tag. So the lady re-rang the item. Then for some reason she took another $2 off. So I paid and left happy.
When I got back to post, I went to Redstone Housing and handed them the cashiers check. I asked if the original check refusal would be on our credit rating. They weren't sure but they did not think so because they did not report it.
I went home and ate the remainder of my breakfast while reading e-mail.
Chris came home from work. I checked out hand sanitizer recipes online, but I did not have all the ingredients for any of them. I made a salad for supper and ate the last turkey burger.
Michele called Chris to play the dinosaur game. I listened to them for a bit, then I worked on the leaf block quilt again, adding more sashing and nine-patches. Chris turned on the TV so I could see the last 10 minutes of X-Files. Then some 911 show came on. I listened as I worked but did not watch it because it said some images might be disturbing to some people.
It was after 9 when I interrupted their game. I took my evening supplements while Chris got ready to watch TV. Then we saw two episodes of Voyager. The second one was a two-parter. I guess we will finish it tomorrow.
* This is one of the quilts from Renegades. *

No comments: