Wednesday, January 3, 2018

Choir practice has its rewards

I got up a little after 8. I started my coffee morning, but then paused it to do some stitching so I could turned on the router. I chose fabric for the border of the third block. The strips were already cut, so I sewed on one strip. But instead of cuing music from Youtube, I found something on the desktop to listen to as I continued with exercises and drybrushing and such.
After my meditation morning, I had such energy. I cleaned both bathrooms and the kitchen. I sprinkled baking soda on some tough spots in the oven. I also soaped up the tubs. Then I took a walk, enjoying the sunshine if not the temperature.
When I got back, I filled the tub with hot water and Epsom salts. I soaked in the tub, and washed my hair just before I got out. Then I got dressed and combed my hair. The caffeine buzz was over and I laid down. But then I thought of a question I wanted to look up on the internet, so I got back up.
I made breakfast, then did a search and read results while I ate. Chris came home from work, with nothing to show from the post office. I read e-mail, then ate some leftovers for supper. I played Solitaire for a bit. I was going to make seed crackers, but the oven still had baking soda in it.
I bundled up well and drove to church. My car warned me there could be ice on the road since the temp was 27 at that point. When I got to church, I dropped off the old music from my folder and picked up the three new pieces. I joined Cecelia in the alto row. Jennifer showed me a bag of dried apple slices that she brought me from Canada.
A few more people arrived and we started our warm-up. We practiced the two songs and a hymn. During practice, my phone rang. I could not locate my phone in time, but could tell afterward that the call was from Dad. Did he not have his own choir to practice with? I was going to call him back after practice, but Doris wanted to tell me all about her son's house burning down on Christmas. No one was hurt because they were at church at the time. The artificial tree was suspected of starting the blaze.
After she told me all the details, she went home. I paid Jennifer for the bag of dried apple slices. Then I pawed through my purse looking for my keys. We could not leave until I found them. Then we all remarked on the cold and said goodnight.
I drove home, taking in the view of the city from the top of the hill on Airport Road. Ahh. It was my reward for going to choir practice. That and a bag of apple slices.
Anyway, once I got home, I returned Dad's call, but he did not answer so I left a message. Then I took my evening supplements and Chris and sat down to watch two episodes of Voyager.
It was only 10, but Chris went to bed. I stayed up to write to my blog and send best wishes to my tapping buddy.
* The only ingredient is apples *

No comments: