Friday, January 26, 2018

A new way to quilt

I got up at 9, surprised it was so late, but glad for the extra sleep. I sewed a strip to the string block. Then I turned on the router. I deleted the first round of e-mail. I did paida while listening to something. Then I put two chairs together by the wall to do lajin. I was able to stand it longer than before.
I read a few more e-mail, then started a loaf of bread for Chris. There is a high strip of counter top behind the kitchen sink and is open to the dining room. I had some things sitting there and when I tried to add one more, it knocked some empty plastic bowls over onto the side board, which knocked a glass carafe onto the floor where it shattered.
There was glass all over the dining room floor. I swept it up with a broom and a dust pan. I wiped out the plastic bowls which also ended up on the floor. I e-mailed Chris to be careful when he came home.
By the time I made and ate breakfast, it was noon. I got dressed and looked at my project, wondering what part to pack to work on at Stitch-Its. I decided it was too late because they break up at 2 and it always takes me a while to pack up.
Having decided to stay home, I pulled out one of the quilting rulers that I keep saying I am going to try. I put the special foot on my machine. I hunted up some rubberized shelf liner to help it stay in place. Then I put the ruler on a placemat that needed a little more quilting. I couldn't lower the feeddogs so I set the stitch length to 0. (There is a cover plate somewhere). It seemed to work well, except my stitches were too small. On the second round, I moved the fabric faster and it broke the needle. I had to hunt up some new needles. I found a package of quilting needles. I put one in and finished the job. Then I took it out and put a regular needle in.
I was one strip short of finishing a block. So I took all the cut-off ends and sewed them together, plus another piece I found somewhere. I even took the end strip which was frayed and too narrow, and doubled it back on itself to make it wide enough. It was just enough. While I was sewing, Pat called to see if I was coming to Stitch-Its. I said I could stop by and she said she'd drop by my house later.
I listened to an interview: Parkinsons has a scent that some dogs have been trained to identify. Parkinsons is associated with a glutathione deficiency. Intranasal glutathione is more effective that oral glutathione. The more dairy you consume as an adult, the more likely you are to develop Parkinsons.
I did an internet search to find a map of where the float spa was. But I still did not schedule a session. I did more research on lajin and paida. It revealed it is good for incontinence, weight loss and constipation and gray hair.
Pat came over with sheets of labels and four quilt books. She wanted me to print labels for the books and the library cards that go in the books, as well an information sheet for the book of books.
Chris came home from work with a box for me. It contained cacao nibs. I opened the two bags and poured them into a canister. I tried to work with the labels. I was able to download a template online, but there wasn't enough light to see the keyboard well, so I did not type anything in. I made a large salad and ate a piece of chicken.
Then I got ready for my tapping buddy. I heard the skype sound for a text, but when I went to check it, the whole laptop froze and I had to reboot. When it came up, I called her. While we were catching up from last time, I took the laptop into the guest room for some privacy. We spent over an hour tapping doing surrogate tapping. Then we hung up. Chris and I watched one episode of Voyager. He enticed me to bed and I did not get to post my blog until the next morning.

No comments: