Wednesday, January 31, 2018

Water may not be the answer

I woke up at 8, and did some intention work. I sewed a strip to one of the charity strip blocks. I exercised and tapped. It was a good coffee morning, without wi-fi. I am not sure if that helped or not. I listened to a soothing track on the desktop computer. Afterward, I mixed kefir grains with aloe, vitamin C, and goat milk for a shot of nutrients. It made more than I thought. I watered the drooping peace lilies. They did seem a little dry, but I can't believe Chris did not try watering them. The one I checked seemed rootbound, so I removed some of the root-bound ball, and added dirt from another pot. I cleaned the bathrooms and the kitchen. I did three rounds of lagin. Then I made and ate breakfast. I read e-mail and listened to audios. I sent one to Jennifer to listen to.
I watched a long documentary covering many subjects, including the ills of a monetary-based economy and how to build a resource-based society. It was almost three hours so I did not listen all at once. I did a lot of paida. Afterward, I took a shower and dressed for choir.
Chris came home while I was still watching. I paused it and went out to check the mail. I got another $2 from the Neilsen people. I sat down to have a deep discussion with him. It was going well but the doorbell rang. Two men had come to fix the refrigerator. I did not know that Chris had called in a work order because it was dripping water in the back. The men took the food from the freezer and removed a large quantity of ice. I worked on my blocks, ironing the latest set of strips and auditioning a border. When they left, I resumed my discussion with Chris. It went well and I think we reached a new level of agreement.
I heated a bowl of bean soup in the toaster oven. While it heated I made and ate a large salad. Then I ate the bean soup. The documentary ended about 6:15. Soon afterward, I left for choir. The parkway was backed up so I did not arrive early. I returned Jennifer's notebook, then picked up the new music and laid down the old one. I sat with the altos and rehearsal began. Some of the music went well, but not the one we are planning to sing on Sunday. Still, she dismissed us right at 8. Doris told me about her koi pond.
I went home via Bailey Cove so I could see the lights of the city, and to avoid traffic on the parkway. When I got home, Chris pulled up Voyager and we watched 2 episodes. He made his sandwich and went to bed. I stayed up to blog and then headed to bed myself. (Peace lilies are still drooping)
* This is another one of Laurie's quilts from Monday. *

No comments: