Saturday, January 6, 2018

Sewing at home

I was surprised to see how late it was when I got up – nearly 10. It was around freezing outside. Chris was on his laptop. I stitched a border strip to a block and then fired up my computer. I drank a quart of water while I deleted most e-mails and read the remaining ones.
I was considering going to the Sew Day for the modern quilt guild at the Bailey Cove library. But after several hours, I decided it was too cold and not worth the effort of packing up my project. I made and ate breakfast.
Then I spent the afternoon sewing at home. I made 36 3” nine patches out of leftover strips. Ok, maybe I had to cut a few extra strips so as not to repeat squares in the nine patches. I drew a diagram of the quilt so I could count how many extra strips I needed, plus corner triangles and such. I took a break for supper – two salads and the last bowl of soup. Then I trimmed the squares to an even 3.5 inches.
Chris was playing the dinosaur game with Michele. When I announced that it was after 8, he paused their game. She told me how much she liked the purse I made her. I was surprised that it had arrived already.
Then Chris and I watched three or four episodes of Voyager – including one where the Cardacians take over the ship, and drop the crew on a primitive planet. It was a to-be-continued episode, so of course I had to watch the next one. (The holographic doctor and two crewmen got the ship back and picked up the stranded crew.)
Then I wrote to my blog, not that there was much to write, and went to bed.

No comments: