Monday, January 22, 2018

Continuing resolution is a day late

I woke up but stayed in bed, saying prayers and trying to go back to sleep. One prayer was for a continuing resolution so Chris would stay at work. When I got up, it was 7:20. My first thought was to go back to bed, but I tapped. Then I explored fabric choices for the sashing on the remaining leaf blocks. But the daylight was not strong enough to make final decisions. So I sewed two scrap squares together and turned on my laptop.
I drank a quart of water with kava tea bags. I did some paida. I checked e-mail and put on an audio on heart disease. He said a diagonal ear crease is 70 predictive of a heart problem. Of course I rushed to the bathroom to examine my earlobes. Sure enough, there was a crease. So I looked for the earliest pics I could find on my laptop, which were pics from Seoul. I blew one up to see if there was a crease. In one pic yes and in another no. There was a string of selfies I took when I wanted to post a nice profile pic. I remember not being happy with any of them. But now, I would be thrilled to look like that! Oh well. Someday I will look at pics of me now and wish I still looked like this.
Then I did 15 minutes of lajin while listening to an audio. Chris came home about 11 while I was making breakfast. He had just completed a shut down of the office. I finished my breakfast and prepared my project to go to quilting. I decided to pack the blocks, the borders and some candidates for sashing. By the time I was ready to leave, it was raining. I covered my machine and fabrics with an opened plastic bag. I put everything in my trunk and headed out.
It was just after noon when I arrived. I unloaded in the covered zone, parked the car, and rolled my cart inside. I realized I had left my purse at home. Sigh.
Most of the ladies were still eating. I set up my machine and talked to them. A few cleared out after lunch. Dinah gave me some foundation squares to cover with strips for the next charity quilt. She held up the previous one which was now quilted and in line for binding. I wished to take a pic but my camera phone was at home. She also gave me a not-so-nice-looking quilt top to practice quilting on.
Going back to my machine, I trimmed blocks and cut strips, and sewed on borders. I had a good time visiting with the few that were left. Lauri finished her quilt top. It was pretty in blue with hints of red and green. Again I wished for my phone.
I laid out some of my bordered blocks and auditioned them on the sashing candidates. Lauri voted for the light yellow, and Maryanne voted for the darker yellow. I thanked them for their contribution and packed up my supplies. Then I went home.
Chris was still there. We both started making supper at the same time. First I had some chicken, and then I made a big salad. I ate while reading e-mail.
At 6, I turned on the TV and watched Big Bang Theory. Chris joined me after a while. Then Lucifer came on. When that was over, we watched several episodes of Voyager. Chris got a call telling him to come to work tomorrow. Yay! He went to bed and I stayed up to blog and take my evening supplements.
* This is the light yellow sashing candidate. *

No comments: