Friday, January 5, 2018

My sewing resolution is paying off

I got up around 8. I washed up and got dressed. I drank some water and rinsed some bowls to go in the dishwasher. Then I cut border strips for a block and sewed them on two sides. Finally I could turn on the router and read e-mail.
I deleted most e-mail and read the rest. I looked for apple chips online because Jennifer likes them so much and hers are gone already. There are at least two brands out there that are 100% apples, but they are very expensive online. I wonder if they were in local stores at a cheaper price.
At 10:30 I went for a massage. It was quite cold outside. The car seemed to complain until it warmed up. I took the parkway and it was really fast. It was a shame that the masseuse was 15 minutes late. I asked the store manager about black pepper oil. I had read that mixing it with a carrier oil and putting on your feet keeps your toes warm. She had it, but it cost almost $30. Then Gabriele showed up. I got ready for my massage and she rubbed me from toes to head. It was a good massage as usual. But we didn't talk much and the next person was waiting.
When I got home, I left my coat on because I was cold. I made and ate breakfast while checking the latest e-mail. Then I cut strips and sewed them onto blocks, only sewing two sides and pinned the remaining strips to the center of the blocks.
I wanted a break, so I drained the grains from the goat milk kefir and gave them fresh milk. I drank the fermented milk. The only other thing on my to-do list was to take down the Christmas tree, but I hate to see it go. Then I resumed progress on the leaf blocks.
At 3 I laid down to listen to brain wave entrainment for sinus congestion. It ran for an hour which got tiresome. But I was breathing better.
I was reading the latest e-mail and eating apple chips when Chris came home from work. There was nothing from the post office. He sat down at his laptop and got busy.
Having matched all the blocks with an appropriate purple border, I pulled lighter colored purple fabrics for the sashing. I cut strips a few strips from each one until 7:30. Then I made a large salad for supper while heating a bowl of onion soup.
I played Solitaire until Chris was ready to watch TV. Then we sat through 3 episodes of Voyager. Chris went to bed. I stayed up to blog and to see if tomorrow is a sewing day for the modern quilt guild.
* This is a random pic from the internet showing the sashing and corner blocks I have in mind. *

No comments: