Sunday, January 21, 2018

A warm and sunny day

I got up at 7:45 and went back to bed when I saw the clock. But sleep would not come so I got up and looked at my leaf blocks. I auditioned them with two similar fabrics. Then I sewed a couple of scrap squares together and got on my laptop. At 9:25 I made breakfast and ate it by 9:45. Then I had to rush to get my shower and throw on some church clothes by 10. I grabbed my purse, a bag of plastic bags, choir music and apple chips and ran to the car. I drove to church, arriving just in time to practice with the choir. Practice went well. It was an easy piece. Then we were dismissed until the service. I gave Jennifer the apple chips. She was pleased and surprised. She asked how I made them. She told me about the granola she makes.
The service went well. I liked the music. It was more upbeat than usual.
After the service, I checked out one of the banners at the front of the church. I estimated it to be 30 by 45. Then I called Chris to tell him I was on my way to Publix. When I hung up, Dawn came by to ask if Chris had found a job yet. We spoke for a few minutes and then I went to my car.
The street to Publix was busy and Chris arrived before I did. We met in the coffee aisle. For the second week in a row my favorite brand of coconut water was not on the shelf in the international foods section. Then I found it in the water aisle. And for a lower price – yay! When we were done shopping, Chris took the groceries with him and went for gas. I went straight home.
When Chris got home, we brought in the food and put it away. He put two chickens in a large pot and added carrots, onions, and garlic. He put it in the oven to cook. A lot of heat came out onto the cook top, so I sliced up an apple and laid it on a cookie sheet in the line of heat.
While I played the next episode on stem cells, I laid on two chairs and did lajin, switching legs when necessary. When I could not take any more, I stopped. I rushed through the episode. Rather than content, it seemed to be lots of people sharing their experience with the process. The interviewer made much about how you use your own stem cells for the process so it should not concern the government. But I wonder if you could use someone elses cells? Certainly I would volunteer my fat cells to harvest stem cells for anyone who needed them.
Chris and I took a walk because it was such a nice day. We walked for about 25 minutes around the neighborhood.
I changed out of my sunday clothes into shorts because it was over 70. Hard to believe. I listened to the next episode of Broken Brain. Today's subject was depression and anxiety. Apparently depression, like autism, is not a disease itself, just a name for a collection of symptoms which arise from various conditions.
When the chickens were ready, I ate some chicken and some juice. The juice was so tasty that I had seconds and thirds. We put the apple slices in the hot oven and turned it off.
I worked on leaf blocks, trying to find the right arrangement. Two blocks did not lend themselves to being placed on point. But one of them was two inches larger than the standard size. So I cut it on the diagonal and sewed the trimmed corners onto the remaining sides, creating a perfect 12.5 inch square, on point. I hope the original maker will not mind. The other square was too small for that trick. I took pics of several arrangements. Then I folded my laundry and put it away.
I went back to reading e-mail while waiting for Chris. I ate a few apple chips from Saturday and he ate all the ones from today. Those were not crisp, more gummy.
Then he made a big bowl of popcorn. We sat in the livingroom and watched three episodes of Voyager. He made his lunch for tomorrow and I typed up my blog.

No comments: