Friday, January 19, 2018

Home made apple chips

I woke up early and must have gone back to sleep because when I got up, it was 9. I almost turned on my laptop when I remembered my resolution to sew. But the quilt top was finished. So I pulled out the blocks for the other side. But to get a good look at them, I had to put away the stacks of purples I had pulled for the first side. I swear I put away more purple than I got out! Then I laid out the two green fabrics I had chosen weeks ago and divided the blocks depending on which one they went with. Well, there's always one that doesn't go. Thinking it might be a while before I actually got to sew, I stitched two squares together from a scrap project that Beverly gave me months ago. Then I turned on my laptop. But the router wasn't on. So while the router warmed up, I searched for greens with a little orange in them. I pulled a stack of them, and set them in a shadowed corner of the living room. Then it was time to check e-mail and get an audio going so I could listen and work on the project at the same time.
Stem cells can be harvested from the patient's fat cells, or bone marrow, or umbilical cord blood. Younger stem cells work better so some people are banking their fat cells now for use in their old age.
I searched the kitchen high and low until I found my slicer. I washed three organnic apples and sliced them up over a plate. I arranged the slices on two cookie sheets covered in parchment paper. Then I put them in the oven at 200 to dehydrate. I set the time for 90 minutes. I made and ate breakfast. I swished with a mixture of propolis, cacao powder and hydroxyappitite. The audio ended and I played another one. I washed up and got dressed for my massage. The 90 minutes ran out and I added more time. I wondered if they were going to finish before I had to leave.
I turned off the oven and got in the car. As I was driving down Goss, the massage therapist texted me to come 15 minutes later. At the red light, I texted back “too late”. As I resumed driving, the phone rang but I could not answer it. A few minutes later, I pulled into the dollar store parking lot. It was closed. But I read her second text which said she would be ready when I got there. So I finished driving and arrived right at 2:30. I checked out the essential oil display, looking for cinnamon bark oil. They had it at $2 more than Swansons. I would have bought it anyway, but noticed that it was only 1/3rd the size.
Gabriele was in the back room, changing the sheets on the bed. She had another customer in another room with needles in her ears. So she gave me my massage, then went to remove the needles from the other person. During the massage, she discussed some ideas that she was considering for her business. I did some stretches while she helped the other, then met in her office to pay. I told her I was not going to schedule another massage due to the continuing resolution.
I left the shop and went home. I noticed that the $ store was open. When I got home, Chris was already there. He told me Rob and Carla were coming by for their TV which they loaned us when we first got here. I opened the envelop on my laptop. It was from the credit card company. I called the number on the back of my card to get the current balance. It was a credit!
The doorbell rang and Rob and Carla came in. We chatted for a bit and then Rob took the TV out to their vehicle. I wished they could have stayed longer.
I took the apple chips from the oven. Chris ate a few and I bagged the rest for Jennifer. They were good, but not as sweet as the commercial ones. Probably a different variety.
I ate some beef and got on my laptop. I listened to an audio and made a salad, adding raw garlic.
When the audio was over, I took the ornaments off the tree and put them in their boxes. I took the wreath off the door and folded it up and put it in the box with a string of lights. I taped the box shut and put it in the garage. I removed the fabric serving as a tree skirt. I mended a bathroom rug and then one of the hand towels that was fraying on both sides. I put white vinegar and tea tree oil in a spray bottle and sprayed the shower curtain. The mildew ran right off. It was impressive.
By then Chris had gotten the TV online with Netflix. We watched three episodes of Voyager. I took my evening supplements and posted to my blog.
* This is the construction going on near the store where I get my massages. *

No comments: