Monday, January 29, 2018

Quilting

I woke up and 9 and got up right away. I was in a pretty good mood, possibly because the sun was shining brightly. I sewed a bunch of cornerstones to sashing strips. Then I checked e-mail. I did some lajin and paida while listening to audios.
I made and ate breakfast. But by then it was after noon. I got dressed and packed my project into my cart. I rolled it out to the car and put it in the trunk. Then I drove to quilting. It took a couple minutes longer than usual because of road work.
When I got there, the ladies had just finished lunch. I chose a spot to work, but got to talking and did not set up my machine for a bit. When I caught up with everyone, I got ready to sew. I laid out the squares and rearranged them until I was satisfied. Amazingly it did not take that long. Then I laid out the sashing strips and started sewing in rows. The ladies left a few at a time. Then it was just Laurie and I. When I realized it was 4pm, I packed up. She stayed to work on her quilt. I came home and found Chris on his laptop. He told me his interview went really well and that they intended to make a decision this week.
I checked e-mail and ate. I had some chicken, then made a salad, then had two handsful of nuts, and a bowl of blackberries. I guess I had the munchies.
I took my laptop to my fabric room and shut the door. I did paida on my hands, knees and feet while I watched a video on taoist medicine. It was after 8 when I finished. Chris was waiting in the livingroom with the TV on.
We watched two episodes of Voyager. Chris was tired so we stopped there. He made his sandwich. I checked e-mail and saw that Jennifer was trying to call me so I called her. She was making a Swansons order. Chris sat at his laptop the entire time she and I talked. Then he went to bed. I stayed up to write to my blog. I got caught up in an unfinished game of Solitaire from earlier in the day. It was almost midnight till I tore myself away to go to bed.
* this is the quilt Laurie worked on. *

No comments: