Monday, January 15, 2018

Home again, home again

Picking up from Sunday morning...
The ladies returned from breakfast while I was reading e-mail. They had asked for late checkout, so we sat on the beds and talked. When the time came, Mary went to get a big cart so we could carry all our luggage and gifts to the cars. I rode with Silvia and we followed Mary and Linda to a fast food place so Linda could get her husband some lunch. We went to Linda's house to deliver it. Then we all got in Mary's car and went to visit Celeste.
It wasn't far. I brought along the remaining lip balm, putting it in my coat pocket. Tamara answered the door and called to Celeste. When Celeste came, she let us in. She led us to the den and we stood there and talked. I won't describe the state of the house, except to say there was no carpet and my feet got really cold standing there. I am not sure the heat was on, but there was electricity and water. She had lost a noticeable amount of weight. I gave her the lip balm. I am not sure how long we were there, talking, but we all got cold and tired of standing. So eventually we bid her goodbye and we left.
We went back to Linda's house. I bid Linda and Mary farewell. Then Silvia took me to Steak-n-Shake where Chris was having a late lunch with his gaming friends. She helped me move my stuff from her car to Chris'. Then I went inside. I ordered a grilled chicken salad. Chris ate my crackers and croutons. When I was finished eating, our party split up. Chris and I followed Larry and his son Chris back to Larry's house.
We were greeted by 4 large dogs. It seems each member of the household has their own dog. And they all wanted petting - after Larry put out food of course. We talked for awhile. Chris wanted to brush his teeth but could not find his toothbrush and paste. Larry found it in the backyard where the dogs had chewed it up.
So Larry and Chris went shopping. I asked for a jicama and some coconut water. The dogs kept pestering me and I kept shooing them away because of the dogslobber and hair. Yes, I said dogslobber. There wasn't a lot of it, but I didn't want wet spots on my pants. Larry's son called Trish, who was working in Germany. He talked to her for a bit then handed the phone to me. She and I talked until Larry and Chris got back. Then she talked to Larry. Chris cut up the jicama for me. I think we all had some and then I put the rest in a baggie for tomorrow.
Larry's son has an keen interest in early biblical history so we talked. Mostly he talked and I listened. Larry chimed in from time to time. But at some point he had to go look for his daughter. So he left. Chris and I were going to read e-mail, but Larry's son couldn't not remember the entire password. So Chris and I went to bed early. Larry had us in his son's room, so his son slept on the couch in the playroom next door.
I was still awake when I heard the garage door open and Larry came home. But I dropped off after that. I thought I woke a few times during the night, but Chris said he went to the bathroom and I never noticed. We got up about 7 CST. We washed up and packed the clothes from last night. We talked to Larry who was already up and watching TV. We put our luggage in the car, plus two peace lilies that Larry gave us. He walked us outside to our car and bid us goodbye, saying we were welcome anytime with or without notice. Then we headed back to Huntsville.
We finished the last CD from the book on Saturday and started another one. I ate a bunch of the jicama. I kept thinking Chris would stop for food, but he didn't. I had an open package of coconut flakes. I tried to eat it with a spoon and not drop any flakes. That was unsuccessful. Later, we passed a Korean buffet. I asked to eat there and Chris turned around. But when we parked, the lady came out to tell us that they were renovating and not serving lunch today. So we got back on the road. Later, we stopped at a convenience store for a potty break. Chris got some pork rinds and I spotted a jar of pickled eggs. When we got out to the car, Chris opened the jar for me and I pulled out an egg. It was spicy and not very good. At least we spilled the juice in the parking lot and not in our car. Chris ate his pork rinds as he drove. When they were gone, he asked for an egg. Surprisingly I was able to pull one out and only got a small drop of liquid on me. He said the egg wasn't too bad.
We continued to listen to the book on CD. We ran into construction traffic when we got to Huntsville. But after that we were soon home. We unpacked the car and put the eggs away. We found places for the plants. I ate dried mango and read e-mail. I also typed up the events of yesterday and today, waiting for Chris to get ready to go to the grocery store.
Then we took his car to Publix. We picked out groceries. No coconut water since they seemingly don't carry that brand anymore. When we got home, we put them away. Chris put a beef roast in the oven. I ate a can of organic soup. Then I read e-mail and watched quilting videos. When the roast was done, Chris put some on a plate for me. It was delicious.
Chris was not ready at 8 to watch TV, so I went to my sewing table and worked on the remaining leaf blocks borders. When he finished, we watched two episodes of Voyager. I fell asleep on the couch. Chris went to bed. I got up to finish my blog and turn off the router for the night.
* Sorry for the blurry pic. The dogs were in constant motion. *

No comments: