Sunday, January 21, 2018

Lajin

I put sleep salve on my feet last night and then wore socks to bed. I slept really well, but woke up in the middle of the night to pee. After that I must have slept really well again because I got up at 10. Chris was on his laptop. I sewed a pair of squares, then cut some sashing for a block and sewed on two sides. Then I fired up my laptop and drank a quart of lemon water. While listening to The Truth about Stem Cells, I made and ate breakfast. It was a nice day so I took a 40 minute walk. Then I packed up the Christmas tree and wrapped it in brown paper and put it in the garage.
I checked my g-mail. Gabriele sent me a link to a Chinese stretch called Lajin. I followed it and also found info on Paida. The two used together are supposed to increase the flow of chi which helps the body heal itself of all kinds of illnesses and disorders. I tried doing lajin using two chairs. It seemed doable. The paida hurt and I couldn't see myself doing that for 10 minutes on each body part.
Chris roasted a cauliflower in the oven from 2:30 to 4:30. I sliced up three apples and my finger. The apples dehydrated in the oven from 5 to 8. During that time, I read an e-book on self-healing with lajin and paida. I auditioned fabrics with the remaining leaf blocks. I collated the recyclables and pulled out all the plastic bags to return to the grocery store. I practiced my choir music for tomorrow.
I listened to Broken Brain episode 4 until Chris was ready. Then, we listened to the rest of the book on CD. I wanted to finish it while I still remembered the story. There was more book left than I thought, and it was after midnight when it was done. Chris put sheets on the bed while I finished up my blog post for the day. I put the apple chips away, and we went to bed.
* This is the 'before' picture. *

No comments: