Wednesday, January 17, 2018

Another snow day

I woke up before 8. Chris was already on his computer. We agreed that he would stay out of my way while I pursued my coffee morning. I finished an audio from last night while swishing and getting the coffee ready. Then I put on some meditation music and turned off the heat so I could hear it. But I had to take a break midway to turn the heat on and let the house warm up again before finishing the meditation sessions. It was less than 10 degrees outside.
I cleaned the bathrooms and kitchen. I mopped the kitchen floor and the master bathroom. Chris moved the coffee table so I could vacuum the rug.
By then the coffee buzz was over. I sat at my laptop and read e-mail. Later, I took a short walk. It was cold, but mostly surfaces were dry. Well, except for in the shade, where the sun did not melt the snow and there was ice underneath it. Our choir director put out an e-mail saying that the roads looked good and she would bring treats for those willing to come. I asked what we were singing on Sunday and it was a piece already in my folder. I decided I could practice at home.
I put a turkey burger in the toaster oven. I made a spray with baking soda and oregano oil. I took a shower. Afterward I tried to spray the mildew on the shower curtain, but the baking soda clogged up the spray nozzle. So I dribbled it on the worst spots. I ate my turkey burger and washed some salad greens. While they soaked, I made hummus. Then I finished the salad and ate it.
At 7 Chris turned on the TV for me. I watched X-Files while he was on his laptop. During the commercials, I sewed. At 8:05 he came over to watch Voyager with me. We watched three episodes. Then we had our own episode. I wrote to my blog while Chris fixed his lunch for tomorrow. And we went to bed.
* It did not snow today but schools and the post were closed. The sun melted most of the snow by the afternoon. *

No comments: