Thursday, January 4, 2018

Progress

I got up before 8. There was a block with a border waiting to be sewn on and so I did. Then I turned on my laptop and router. While they warmed up, I taped Michele's package shut and made a label for it. I also wrote a check to another address.
Then I read e-mail and deleted most of it. I made and ate breakfast. I picked some fabrics for borders and cut strips of appropriate width and length.
Then I bundled up warmly and took the box out to the car.
I drove to Stitch-Its with my sewing machine and notions. On the way I stopped for gas, so it was after noon when I arrived. The parking lot was full, but I found a seat at the table anyway. I set up my machine and conversed with the ladies. Some were working on Bonnie Hunter's mystery quilt. I had seen the reveal yesterday and wished them luck.
About 2pm I packed up, having done as much as I had prepared to sew.
On the way home, I stopped at the post office. It was 2:30 and they were just re-opening the front desk. I waited in line to mail a package to Michele. I also put a check in the mail and bought a book of stamps.
When I got home, I brought my machine inside. I was tempted to leave it out for the next time I go sewing, but it was too cold. I called Dad to see if he had his dentures yet. He did not, but at least he had his hearing aids and we could converse.
I snacked on apple chips and decided it would be better to have a salad. So I made and ate a large salad. Then I made a batch of seed crackers. Chris came home from work.
I worked on the leaf blocks, matching purple fabrics with each block. But one block actually needed a brown border. One block was way too small and had irregular edges. So I took some of the seams apart and re-stitched them.
At 6pm, we watched two episodes of Big Bang Theory on TV, commercials and all. My tapping buddy had canceled for this week, so Iheated a bowl of soup and read e-mail for an hour, then started playing Solitaire. When Chris was ready, we watched several episodes of Voyager. Then he made his lunch for tomorrow and went to bed. I wrote up my blog post and took some baking soda and mimosa pudica. Then it was time for bed.

No comments: