Monday, February 12, 2018

A four-legged quilt

I read a few pages from a book before I did my stretches and went to bed. I was comfortable again last night, but my gut was working overtime. I had to get up and take some charcoal tablets. At least, that is what I think I took. It was dark and I didn't want to turn the lights on. So I had trouble getting to sleep and I did not stay asleep.
I heard Chris shower and go to work, then I went back to sleep. I had a dream that I rented a little plane, flew to another country to buy something and came back. I parked the plane and went home, but later thought I must have forgotten some after-flight activities. So I went back to the airport. I remember being surprised that no one asked to see my pilot's license. Also, when I tried to sew, someone had taken my machine apart and not put it back together. That must have been before I went back to the airport.
I got up at 8:45, feeling pretty good. I sewed a strip and pinned one for tomorrow. I turned on the router and my laptop. I brushed my teeth and then drank a quart of water while reading e-mail. I did a tapping meditation. I did some lajin. I found another tapping audio in my e-mail. Yahoo was working pretty well as long as I kept it in its own window. I did paida while listening to John Denver songs like Thank God I'm a Country Boy. I read more e-mail. Then I made and ate breakfast. I got dressed and filled a water bottle. I put my leaf block quilt in a bag with the remaining fabrics. My sewing gear was still in the car from yesterday, so I just took the project and my water bottle out to the car.
I drove down Drake, noting the road work and trying to decide if certain parts had been recently paved or not. The ladies were eating lunch when I arrived. I set up my machine and pulled out a project.
I worked on the scrap Renegades quilt. I assembled more square+strip units. I thought I needed more strips, but actually I had more than I needed to make it 48 by 58. Bertha told me to stop by her house sometime and get some dark blue to make a border, then call it finished. I then turned my attention to making corners for the leaf block quilt.
At 3:15 we started packing up. I left soon after but the road work on Drake slowed traffic. They were paving it. I got home about 3:45.
I heated a bowl of fish in the toaster oven. I made a salad. I checked e-mail, and played brain games. I finally found the bread and grape fabrics I had been looking for. I just needed to find the right border fabrics.
I opened an envelop to find a Valentine card from MaryAnn. I tried to write a thank you e-mail, but Yahoo fought me every step of the way. Hopefully, the third time was charmed.
I made a batch of seed crackers. I used three of the eggs I bought from Tina yesterday. I hardboiled the remaining 9. I bagged the recyclables and put them out at the curb.
We watched two episodes of Voyager. I tried to download the pics from my phone, but alternate photo software kept hijacking my attempts. Finally Chris came over and did it in two tries. Then he went to bed.
I took my evening supplements. I brushed my teeth and rubbed some salve on the itchy spot above my ear. I got out the old heating pad so I wouldn't have to bother Chris later. I sat at my laptop for some time, trying to recall all the events of the day. Then I did my exercises and assembled a castor oil pack, the newest idea in my arsenal of attempts to fall asleep.

No comments: