Sunday, February 4, 2018

Brain training

I got up around 8. I sewed a strip to one of the strip blocks. I drank a quart of water and read e-mail. I did two rounds of lajin. I stopped to take a shower and get dressed for church. I ate a few seed crackers with hummus. Then I put on my coat and went to church.
I got there just as the choir was warming up. We went through the piece several times and it went better than on Wednesday night. I sat with Don, as usual. The pastor gave the announcements and then the service started. I wrote my last check for the monthly offering. After the service, I spoke to Jennifer about choir practice being late during the season of Lent. But she assured me that we would be finished by 8:15 (so I can get back to base before the gate closes.)
When I got out to my car, I called Chris and told him I was on my way to Publix. I proceeded to Publix, parked and got a cart. I started shopping. Chris came in with a cart, but put it back when he saw that I had one. We shopped together. At the end, he got in line while I went back for cashews. Then we went home separately. Because of where I was parked, it was easier to get on Whitesburg and come down Drake. There was no road work. But Chris beat me home even though he had to load the groceries in his car first and unload at home. I helped him put away the groceries. I washed all the cans. Chris gave me a new book of checks. I made and ate breakfast while listening to an audio. At 4:15 I went for a long walk in the neighborhood. When I got back, I ate the remaining cashews with butter.
I went looking for my wedding ring, which has been missing since we moved here. I found my engagement ring so I put that on. I played brain games from fitbrains.com. I got bad relative scores on games I thought I did well at. I got a really good score on one that I thought I did badly at. I ate some ground beef casserole and mushroom soup. I washed the new dish drainer from the humane society thrift shop. I swapped it out for the broken plastic one. I jotted some notes for my blog.
I made a small batch of sleep salve. Because it involved melting beeswax, it took awhile. I put the 180 drops of essential oils in a separate jar. When the was was melted with the coconut oil, I added the olive oil. When it had cooled down slightly, I poured it in the jar with the essential oils. I left it to harden while Chris and I watched three episodes of Voyager. We looked up some of the guest stars. I posted to my blog and then we went to bed.

No comments: