Friday, February 9, 2018

Sewing with the Celebration Quilters


Last night I tapped with a Gary Williams video on sleep. I did my stretches and drank some kava tea. I went to bed with the tablet. I guess it didn't take too well to being completely discharged. It was working erratically at first, but I finally got it to play some rain noise and a sleep track. I had the same experience as last night: it took awhile to fall asleep, I had to get up once to pee, and I was either too hot or too cold or both.
I got up around 8, hearing Chris return from work. He had signed the paper for furlough. He said he was going to chase me around the house all day. I told him I was going sewing. He got on his laptop while I sewed a strip, and then checked my e-mail. Presently he got a call to come back to work. I listened to an audio while doing two rounds of lajin. I tried to find out how long this new continuing resolution was supposed to last.
It was getting on towards 10, which is when Celebration Quilters start. I thought Beverly might call so we could arrive at the same time. But I didn't hear from her. I plugged in my phone to charge for a few minutes while I gathered my sewing stuff and packed a lunch. I hadn't had breakfast and I caved to the temptation to eat it right away. I took my quilting stuff to the car and forgot the phone.
I arrived about 10:30. Beverly wasn't there. I claimed a place in the back of the room and set up my sewing machine. We had a discussion of continuing resolutions before going on to other subjects. Eventually some of the ladies went to lunch and others went out to get it and brought it back so they could talk to me while they ate. I worked on corners for my leaf block quilt. I pressed the two corners I had made while they were gone. But I discovered I did not have enough orange fabric to make the remaining two. So I unpacked a scrap project from Renegades. I worked on that for awhile. Then the group seemed to be breaking up. I packed up my scraps, trying to separate the ones ones that were deceptively the wrong size. I left about 2:30.
It did not take long to get home and I used the access road to the parkway, which I usually avoid. I wanted to get a few things done before Chris got home. I got ready to do some paida, when I heard the door open. Apparently the powers that be let everyone go 59 minutes early. Arrgh!
I filled out the radio survey from Neilsen for Thursday and Friday. Chris answered my questions so I could do his form as well. I made and ate breakfast. I made up more green powder mix. Usually there are 4 ingredients but I must have run out of one. I used my laptop to access Nuts.com to place another order. I compared prices with Swansons who carried a few of the same things. Jennifer called to tell me the Sleep Essentials that she ordered worked for her. And she had something she wanted to tap one, but then she got a call and had to hang up.
Chris cooked some fish in the oven for me. He put spices on it and poured white wine over it. While he was cooking, I found a really big black plastic bag in the garage and I taped it over the window in the guest room. I also ate some cashews with butter, and a papaya. I saved the seeds. When the fish was done, I ate several portions, it was that good. I put the rest in the fridge. Chris ran the dishwasher. I was searching for some music with a strong beat and came across a video of belly-slapping music. What people won't do on Youtube. Then there was the concert of instruments made of ice.
When Chris finished what he was watching, he turned on the TV. We watched two episodes of Voyager. Then he got tired and went to bed. I stayed up to blog, wishing I had jotted a few notes so I could remember everything that happened. I was out of evening supplement doses, so I made up a set of 9. I swallowed one and put the rest away. Then I wrote this blog post, hoping again to get a good night's sleep.
* This quilt is from the Monday group. *

No comments: