Saturday, February 3, 2018

Sewing Saturday

I had gas again last night and could not blame it on bean soup. So I blamed it on the salad instead.
I got up at 8:45. I could not find the strip blocks, so I sewed two scrap squares together to fulfill my resolution. I took a packet of vitamin C and read e-mail. I made and ate breakfast. I also ate some figs. About 11 I got dressed and packed part of my leaf block project in my rolling cart. I put the machine and tools in my trunk and headed out.
I drove to the Bailey Cove library, where members of the Modern Quilt Guild were having a sewing Saturday. First I helped Amanda hand-sew a sleeve to the back of a quilt that they were submitting to a show. Then I cut my green blocks into triangles. I also cut a bunch of one inch orange strips. I waffled a bit on whether they should be sewn in as strips or as piping. I decided they needed to show up more, so I sewed them to the bias edges of the green triangles as strips. I noticed the intestinal gas coming back and decided it must be the figs. I talked to the ladies while we all sewed. Then at 3:30, I packed up and came home.
I did three rounds of lajin. There was some tapping with the audio I was listening to. I made a big salad and checked e-mail. I watched a video on brain plasticity, then played brain games on the fitbrains.com website. I thought I did alright, but it said my scores were comparatively low. Curious. I played one called Apples to Zebras and unlocked the next level. Chris made a big pan of ground beef something. It had onions and yellow peppers in it. We both had two helpings.
Then We watched three episodes of Voyager. Chris went to bed and I stayed up to take my evening supplements and post to my blog.
* This is Amanda's project. *

No comments: