Tuesday, February 6, 2018

It's just not the same

I got up at 8:30, surprised that I hadn't had to get up during the night. Was it the sleep salve? I sewed a strip on one of the strip blocks. Then I drank water and read e-mail until Yahoo went down. I listened to a podcast while doing lajin, then listened to Old Suzanna while doing paida. There are some racy lyrics to that song! Then I got dressed and went to quilting.
I talked to Jane, and looked at magazines she had brought in to share. Greta handed me a pattern for a barn block that we should all make for Jane's birthday (in secret). I signed a card for Jodi whose mother has been diagnosed with cancer. I crocheted a few more strips to my fleece rug. Beverly showed up to talk but did not have her quilt. Greta gave her a barn pattern, too. After everyone left, we talked about the barn block as we picked fabric strips out of a large scrap bag intended for dog beds. Later Anita showed up to claim what was left for the animal shelter.
I got in Beverly's car and we went to the Asian market. We stopped at the thrift shop next door first, but they had no crock pots. Then we got kimbap. I checked for natto, but all of them seemed to have sugar and MSG. Then we went to Thrift Mart. We checked in the kitchen section. There was a crock pot insert but it was round. Beverly found a fleece blanket. When we went to pay, the clerk said they sell 5 or 6 crockpots a day.
So we went to another thrift shop nearby. They had a complete crock pot for $18. It looked new and had a locking lid. Then we went to the one in Madison. They had complete crock pots. So I asked in the back if he had any inserts. He did not, but he marked the large one down to $10.00. I decided that was a pretty good deal, even if it left me with an extra electrical warmer.
Beverly drove us back to the church to pick up my car. It was raining. I drove home, and checked the mail. The whole wall of boxes was open, like an open vending machine. I took out our mail, which included one for our neighbor. I put it with her mail, then tried to close the wall but it would not close.
When I got inside, I ate the kimbap with kimchi while reading e-mail. Then I brought the crockpot in, washed it, and left the pieces to dry. I drove to the hotel on post to see if they had a lost and found. They did, but it was under the care of the head housekeeper who had left for the day. The clerk wrote a note and added my phone number.
When I got back, I listened to an audio while playing Solitaire. Chris came home and changed clothes. I showed him the crock pot. We tried the insert in the old crock pot and it was a smidge too big. Maybe if I had bought just an insert, I would have wasted my money.
I listened to another audio while sewing two of the side triangles to the quilt top. Then I had to plug in laptop to recharge. I ate an avocado, some seed crackers, and coconut butter. I played brain games, and leveled up on one. I drank bone broth with ginger,. I did a Meditation in Minutes video with headphones. I got a phone call from the Nielsen people prodding me to do their radio survey, which came in the mail today.
Chris played the dinosaur game with Michele until I reminded him of the time. Then we watched a movie from Netflix called “12:01”. It was kind of like Groundhog Day but on a more serious note. After it was over, Chris got ready for bed. I took my evening supplements and wrote up my blog post. I facebooked Myra to welcome her back from Korea. We texted until I finished my blog post, and then I went to bed.

No comments: