Wednesday, February 21, 2018

Checking messages

I woke up to the sound of rain. It came and went and came back: like a kid playing with the light switch. It was about 8:30 when I got up. I sewed two seams on the strip triangle project. Then I turned on the router and my laptop. I read e-mail. I did some paida to a piece of music called The Dark side of the Rainbow.
I started my coffee morning around 9. While I was meditating, I realized that Grandma was my age when she bought her cabinet Pfaff, which I now have. Between meditations, I noticed how brightly the sun was shining. So I took a break to mow the back lawn. What is this world coming to when the lawn needs mowing in February? I finished my meditations. I cleaned the bathrooms and the kitchens and swept the wood floors.
It occurred to me to check my phone for messages. It alerts me to texts, but not to phone messages. There were four. One was from the cardiologist's office, confirming the time of my appointment on Thursday. It came with instructions about not eating or drinking for 3 hours before, and no coffee or sodas or chocolate for 24 hours. I was going to make up a new batch of supplements, but decided to do only one day in case the doctor says to take a break on certain ones. Then I made breakfast, but had to leave out the cacao nibs. :(
After breakfast, I turned to tapping. Several audios in a row featured it. Sewing followed that. I found a pale orange fabric that mimicked one used in the strip triangles. I cut a strip, and pinned strips for another set of triangles. Then I tried out different fabrics for the fish on the banner. White was too light for the outside of the fish and for the inside. I tried a tan fabric, but by then the daylight was no longer strong enough.
I picked dandelion before it got too dark. I made my usual salad with it. I jotted some notes for my blog. I took a shower, and got dressed for choir practice. I had a few minutes left before leaving for the church, so I.started writing down what supplements I take in the morning.
I left for church just after 6:30. Taking the parkway, it should have been plenty of time. But tonight there was an accident on the parkway and I got caught in the backup. As a result, I was 15 minutes late for the church service. Jennifer had wanted me there to see her presentation of Mary Magdelene. When I got to the church, I dropped off some canned goods for Patty's Pantry, then scooted in the side door and sat in my usual pew. Jennifer was already giving her talk. After that part of the service was over, we sang a song and some new liturgy. Charlie gave me his copy of the service because I had forgotten to pick one up. After the service, the choir gathered to rehearse. Jennifer had said it would only take until 8:15 but it ran to 8:25. So I did not stick around afterward.
I took Bailey Cove/Carl T Jones/Airport Road/Johnson Road back to the gate on Drake. I'm sure the guard was glad it was almost quitting time. When I got home, I checked the mail and my e-mail and finished reading an article.

I watched an episode of The 4400 on Netflix. Then I finished jotting down my evening supplements and started on the ones I add as powders to my breakfast. I set my phone alarm for 7am to give me half an hour to eat or drink before the 3 hour cutoff. I put my quart of water at the head of my bed in case I didn't feel like getting up at 7. I downloaded pics from my phone and finished writing my blog post.
* This is one of the 'sew and tell' from yesterday. *

No comments: