Thursday, February 1, 2018

Spilling the beans

I had trouble getting to sleep last night because of gas. Probably from the bean soup. So I fell asleep late and woke up several times during the night. Finally I fell asleep. I woke up at 10am. I auditioned some green fabrics for the border, but was not satisfied with the choices, so I went looking in my fabric room for more candidates. I sewed a strip to a strip block, then turned on router. I checked e-mail and did lajin while listening to an audio. I rinsed the garbanzo beans, and gave them fresh water. Then I made and ate breakfast. I checked e-mail again. I got dressed, and packed the leaf block project into my rolling cart.
I headed out to Stitch-Its, but had to turn around at the entrance to go back for my purse. Resuming my course, I stopped at the gas station. Normally I don't like putting gas in my car so I made up a little song about how wonderful it was. When I left the gas station, I ran into road work. It made traffic extremely slow. So I arrived much later than I intended. I gave Pat her books and the list I had typed up for her. I laid out the leaf blocks on the pool table. I looked at the two choices for border, but still no decision. I sewed the rows together without the side triangles, and cut more purple strips. During all the sewing, I visited with the ladies and looked at what they were doing.
At 3, I packed up and came home taking Bob Wallace to avoid the road work. There was some rain along the way, but it was not raining at home when I arrived. I pulled my machine out of the car and rolled it inside.
I put a bowl of bean soup in toaster oven. I carried the crock pot of remaining bean soup back to the fridge and attempted to open the door. It was heavy and it slipped. It shattered into a big bean mess. I cleaned up the mess, which was not what I wanted to be doing. Then I put on an audio and did some lajin, while I answered texts from Kurt. I did some paida as well.
Chris came home, and he cooked the chick peas. I looked up how to avoid gas with beans. Then I ate the bean soup with seaweed and turmeric. I made a large salad. After eating the salad, I started making hummus using the chick peas that Chris cooked. But I could not find any tahini. I asked Chris to go to the store and he agreed. I cut up part of a head of cauliflower and stuffed the pieces in a jar of pickle juice. I read more info on paidalajin. Chris returned from the store at 6:55, an hour later. There was not time to finish the hummus. I moved my laptop to the guest room. I contacted my tapping buddy and we tapped on her issue for an hour or so with much success. Then I finished making the hummus, making more than usual because I had soaked too many peas. In the second half I put lemon peels and I liked how it tasted. I put the hummus away, then the remaining chick peas, then cleaned up all the utensils and such.
Chris called up the next episode of Voyager. We watched it together and he was falling asleep by the end. So he made his sandwich and went to bed. I stayed up to blog.
* My peace lilies look much better today. This is the quilt Mary was binding. It was beautifully quilted. *

No comments: