Monday, February 26, 2018

Fish and fabric

I woke up at 7:15. I needed to use the bathroom and was sorely tempted to go back to bed. But I tapped, then went to the sewing machine to sew a few seams. I laid all the quilt blocks out on the bed (which kept me from getting back in). I contemplated it for awhile and made some decisions. Then I turned on the router. I fired up my laptop to look for a pic of the original quilt that Victoria made from these fabrics. I ended up sorting my photo files so I could find what I wanted more easily. When I found the pic of her quilt, I noticed that she used a bright blue fabric for inset triangles.
Then I turned my attention to my e-mail. I listened to replays from the Regenerative Health Summit while doing lagin. Then I cued up some bluegrass for paida. I checked e-mail again, and started making breakfast. I put in a packet of the mushroom coffee. When I ate it, I was surprised that it did not make a lot of difference to the taste. Nor did I feel caffeinated afterward.
I started listening to a tapping audio on eyesight. I paused it a little after noon. I put on my shoes and took a water bottle. Then I drove to Panda to have lunch with Bertha. She met me in the parking lot and gave me some dark blue fabric to use as a border for a quilt top. Then we went inside. She ordered from the lunch menu and I ordered from the sushi menu. We talked as we ate. And afterward. In fact, we did not notice the time until she said she had to be home at 3, and it was five till. We had already paid, so we just picked up our purses and left. I bid her goodbye in the parking lot and headed to the fish market.
I got to the fish market at 3:05. The lady in charge remembered me. I bought a nice piece of salmon. I headed directly home, but there was a lot of traffic on Airport Road so I covered the fish with my coat to keep it cold. When I got home, I put it in the freezer and checked the house mail. I picked up all the quilt blocks and pieces from the bed. I had just put them away when I heard Chris locking his car. I opened the door to let him in. He handed me a letter from Plan International and a box from Amazon. I opened the box and put away the contents. The letter had been readdressed to Chris' work place. I could not see the original address, but probably Korea. I went online to change the address associated with my account, but the one showing up was current.
I took a walk around the neighborhood. It was sunny but a little cool, so I wore a light jacket. When I got back, I ate some chicken, then I picked dandelion in the back yard and used it in a salad. I ate the salad while listening to another tapping audio for eyesight, and playing Solitaire.
We watched Lucifer at 7. So many commercials – arrgh! We each had a banana. Mine had cinnamon on it and his was cut up in a glass of milk. Then we watched three episodes of Voyager. Chris made his sandwich for tomorrow and I wrote up my blog post.

No comments: