Thursday, February 8, 2018

It pays to get up early

Last night I watched a relaxing brain video. I swallowed some clove powder and did some stretches. Then I went in the guest room. I put sleep salve on my feet and eyeshades on my head. Sleep was not swift, but it did seem a little easier than before. I got up once to use the bathroom and had trouble going back to sleep. I was both too hot and too cold at the same time. But at some point I must have slept well, because I woke up earlier than usual.
I got up before 8 and sewed a side triangle into my quilt. Then I turned on the router. I drank a quart of lemon water while reading e-mail. I squeezed in some Lajin and paida while listening to an audio from the Regenerative Health Summit: Sunlight, cold showers, and infrared light energize the mitochondria. Letting yourself get cold in the winter turns on your winter metabolism.
I put on another audio and ironed scrap strips from Tuesday. Then I walked outside in the back yard, enjoying the sun and looking for dandelion and sprouting pumpkin seeds. None of the seeds had sprouted and the dandelion that I found were really small.
I made and ate breakfast, and watched a video on emotion and digestion,. It wasn't very in formative. I was ready to leave for sewing but my phone was down to 9%. I plugged it into the spare battery that Faye gave us for Christmas. Then I put on my coat and rolled my cart to the car.
It was after noon while I arrived at Stitch-Its. As I visited with the other ladies, I finished sewing in all the side triangles. Susan took pics of the two unsigned blocks and put them on the Facebook page to see who would recognize them. I packed up and drove home.
When I got home, I plugged in the spare battery to recharge. I took a half hour walk. When I got back, I washed up enough greens for two salads. Chris came home from work. I ate all the salad while taking notes on an interview on EMFs. Then I taped packing paper over the window in the guest room to make it darker. I also made up a fresh batch of spice mix for breakfast.
I moved my laptop to the guest room for privacy. I played a few brain games. During the second one, my tapping buddy called. We talked, we tapped, we felt better.
When the call was over, I went to the dining room to let Chris know I was ready to watch TV. There was some roasted cauliflower and peppers on the stove. I ate some and put the rest away. Then we watched two episodes of Voyager.
Chris made his sandwich while I prepared my blog entry. Then I made my next attempt at a good night's rest.

No comments: