Thursday, February 22, 2018

I passed the test

I heard my alarm at go off at 7. I had the phone lying on the ironing board outside the bedroom. I needed 5 minutes to wake up from my dream and start drinking water. Eventually I went to the kitchen to take some vitamin C and some coconut oil.
I washed up and got dressed. I sewed and pressed seams for the strip triangle project. I put my hair up in a pony tail and noticed the big shocks of white hair at the corners of the back of my neck. I carefully shaved them off. Then I turned on the router.
I checked e-mail, and listened to the Perfect Health paraliminal. I packed a bag of seed crackers and a bottle of filtered water and a can of coconut water. I also brought a large blue scarf, in case the office was chilly.
I left about 9:58. I stopped for gas. Afterward I could not find a pen to write the transaction in my car book. Then I resumed my trip to the cardiologist. When I got to the final traffic light and turned left, I found myself in the exit lane. Thankfully it was short and soon I was in the parking lot – sort of. I went into the building and up to the desk. The lady gave me a clipboard of papers to fill out. I sat down and started writing on the first page. I did not get very far before a young man called my name. So I got up to go with him. He took the first sheet and said I could fill out the other one later. He took me to a small room where he explained the process and had me put on a gown. He took my blood pressure and put a port in my left arm. I don't like needles, but getting stuck was far less traumatic than being told they were going to put radioisotopes in my bloodstream. The young man assured me that it would not go through my liver and that it would be gone from my body by tomorrow.
Next he took me to another room with a tread mill. He left and a young lady hooked me up to a machine. There was a man there helping her. I got on the tread mill and watched the TV in front of it. I walked slowly at first, but it picked up speed and incline. She said 140 was the target heart rate for my age. But she didn't stop me there. My heart went up to at least 163 before it was over. I was starting to get a little winded. The man injected the radioisotopes into the port on my arm. He said my liver would have no problem cleaning them from my bloodstream and that I shouldn't go to any nuclear sites for a few days because I might show up on their machines.
The woman took me to a small waiting room to eat my snack and drink. The sign on the wall said it was very important to eat the snack provided. I guess my seed crackers were an approved snack. I ate about half and drank the coconut water.
Next I went to a room with a large imaging machine. I laid on a slider and it slid me towards the tube. I had to raise my hands over my head so a flat imager could work its way around my heart to take pics. I watched my heart on the monitor because the imager got a little close at times and I wondered if it was going to run into me.
The port was removed, as well as the stickers. He put gauze on my arm and wrapped it with a purple stretchy band. He asked if I wanted the results sent to me or if I wanted to talk to the doctor. I picked the doctor option. He told me to come back at 1. It was only 11:15. I got dressed and sat on a couch by the checkout window to finish filling out the paperwork. I submitted it and was told I could go. I went to my car and thought about what to do for the next hour and a half. I decided to go to Stitch-Its and chat (since I had no sewing stuff with me).
So I did. Rebecca showed me the block of the month project she had started back when I was teaching it at the modern quilt guild. She had 12 blocks but two were repeats since she did not have the directions for the last two. I promised to send her a pic of my version of the quilt. She also had a sheet of diagrams for another quilt I had taught, but not the instructions to go with it. I promised to send her that as well. I talked with a few other people, then headed back to the cardiologist.
I got there 10 minutes early. They put me in a small exam room. When the cardiologist showed up, he had a med student with him. The doc told me my heart was fine, no blockages. He said I was free to go. I said I still had chest pain. He said it wasn't due to my heart and to have a nice day. I asked for the blood work results from the ER. He left to get them. I waited. The med student returned with it. I asked questions about a few of the numbers, and what I should do now. He recommended getting a GP. Then I thanked him and he took me to Checkout. But the lady did not need to see me, so I then went home.
On the way, I stopped at the post office. I picked up two packages. When I got home, I was so hungry that I started snacking, telling myself that it was just one or two snacks so I could get through the process of making breakfast. But one snack turned into another, and became more than a meal. So I put on short and went walking. I went to the creek and walked on the rocks, which is supposed to be good for the brain and for balance and for the ankles. When I got back, I read a book outside in the back yard with my bare feet in the grass.
When my eyes got tired, I came inside. I found the picture and instructions for Rebecca and sent them to her by Facebook message. I listened to audios and the snacking started again. I turned to sewing, and did a few seams and pressed them. I rearranged the banner components. Then I made up 14 day worth of supplements. I prepared and ate breakfast.
I played around on my laptop for a few minutes until my tapping buddy called. We talked and tapped together for almost 2 hours. Then I watched an episode of The 4400. Because I had gone to my Pinterest page to get the pic for Rebecca, I noticed it was out of date. I went through my photo files for the last 6 months to post all the items I had made. Then I sat down to write this lengthy post.
* Donna at Stitch-Its made this. *

No comments: