Sunday, February 25, 2018

Trouble with technology

I woke up at 8. I turned on the router for Chris. I sewed a seam joining two pairs of strip triangles together, and pressed the block. I started drinking my quart of water, then took a shower and got dressed for church. I checked e-mail and finished the quart of water. Then I put on my coat and went to church.
I arrived about 9:25. Jennifer showed me her tatted scarf. It looked crocheted to me but then I don't know anything about tatting. Soon we lined up for warm-up. We sang through our anthem, which was just a hymn. I told Susan about passing my stress test. Then I left to get a bulletin and use the restroom. I spoke to Jeanne about making a Jesus fish with hardanger.
The service began with two short temple talks from committee heads. This is a new thing to acquaint the congregation with how they can support the activities of the church.
After the service, I spoke to several people. Ron gave me a copy of the time and talent sheet for my review. Cecelia reminded me that the choir is supposed to set up and clean up the supper on Wednesday night.
I took some pics on the way out of church to the car. I called Chris and told him to meet me at Publix. I proceeded to the grocery store. I got a cart and started shopping. Chris arrived a few minutes later and met me in aisle 4. He had the grocery list and we picked out a cart full of food. We went home separately. I arrived first and opened the door. Then I helped him bring in the groceries and put them away. I helped him peel garlic and wash sweet potatoes. He roasted onions and peppers in the oven,, along with two chickens and a dish of sweet potatoes. I changed out of my church clothes and made breakfast. When I went to add my new mushroom supplement, I discovered the “Mushroom Coffee” contained actual coffee (in addition to the powdered mushrooms). I don't know how I could have missed that when I placed my order. Chris found it very amusing.
I checked e-mail and followed some links having to do with the tapping summit which starts tomorrow. I looked into two ladies who had applied to join the Monday group's facebook page. No one seemed to know them, so I did not approve their application.
I tried to text a pic of the banner in progress to Jeanne, but my phone would not send it even though I had both the data and the wifi turned on. So she sent her e-mail address. I e-mailed it to her, but she said she could not open it. Technology – sheesh!
I took a walk and did some tapping. I was in conflict over the choir being volunteered to help with the supper on Wednesday night. I never go to the Wednesday suppers, but apparently Cecelia expects me to help anyway. On the one hand, I don't want other people dictating my schedule without my input. On the other, all the other choir members were in the same boat and would want help.
I picked some dandelion, washed it and ate it with avocado oil. I ate sone chicken and a sweet potato. I put the chicken and veggies away.
Chris futzed with the little laptop, trying to get it to connect to wifi so we could stream Netflix to the TV. I suggested we try my old laptop, but it was running Linux and did not have the driver to connect wirelessly. Chris went back to the little laptop , rebooted it AGAIN, and finally we were in business. We watched three episodes of Voyager. They were very enteraining. Then it was blog time. I checked my open windows for clues to what I had done today. I also looked around the house. I wrote what I could remember, posted it, and went to bed.
* This tree is in the church parking lot. *

No comments: