Friday, February 2, 2018

In search of crock pots

I had trouble falling asleep again last night. I blame the bean soup. Hopefully that problem has solved itself. I slept in until 9:30. When I got up, I spent some time auditioning piping to add between the side triangles and the intended border. Once I selected one, I felt better. I sewed a strip to one of the strip blocks and turned on the router. I checked e-mail and swished, then drank a quart of water. I did paida and lajin. I made and ate breakfast.
By this time it was after 1. I needed to get going with things on my to-do list. I searched for a long sleeved, but not too hot, shirt and got dressed. I wrote a check and put it in the mail. I went to the thrift shop on Bob Wallace to get a crock pot insert. But the one they had wouldn't fit. They had a whole crock pot, but it was smaller than mine. I went to the Humane Society thrift shop. But they did not have one either. Their crock pots were really small. I hated to leave empty-handed so I looked again. I found a coffee pot that would fit my coffee maker better than the replacement one I have. I also found a metal dish drainer to replace my cracked plastic one. I texted Beverly for a suggestion of where to look and went home. Traffic on Drake was slow, but not as bad as I feared.
When I got home, I decided to go for a walk. Beverly called just as I was leaving. So I walked as I talked to her. When I got back, Chris was home. He had brought me a box from the post office. I opened the box and put the supplements away. I mixed up a batch of seed crackers and listened to some audios. I filled a large bowl with hot soapy water and washed a bunch of stuff and cleaned the stove top. I ate some of the seed crackers with the new batch of hummus. Although I liked the lemony taste, it did not enhance the seed crackers. I made a large salad. I ate it while attempting to watch the latest episode of X-Files. But the Fox network would only give me a 5 minute pass. I tried every trick I could think of, using an alternate browser, deleting recent history and all cookies, and an internet search. Finally I found an article that said the current episodes are locked for 8 days. So I watched a previous episode instead.
It was after 8 when I finished. I took my evening supplements while Chris cued up Voyager. We watched two episodes. He was tired and went to bed. I stayed up to blog.
* This is a pic I took of Bertha's quilt on Monday. *

No comments: