Saturday, February 24, 2018

The bright spot in her day

I had stayed up too late working on my blog. I took my evening supplements and went to bed with my mp3 headphones. It took awhile to get to sleep, but I did not have to get up during the night.
I woke up at 8 on Friday morning but did not get up until 8:30. My purse and market bag were hanging on the front door to dry because my water bottle had spilled yesterday. All the contents were on the floor. I spied the tiny band that goes to my watch, so I glued it back in place. Then I shook out my purse and bag and threw them in the wash. I collected throw rugs, shook them out, and added them to the pile to make a full load.
While they were washing, I found some matching thread for the maroon border strip. I did a basting stitch close to the edge and snugged it up. I sprayed it with some water and stretched the other edge. Then I ironed it to the curve of the 2 foot circle. Having sewn something, I turned on the router.
While the router warmed up, I answered a text on my phone. It was from my massage therapist who had an opening for this afternoon. I asked if she minded if there were radioisotopes in my sweat. She said no. I wondered if there were radioisotopes in my saliva and if I needed to throw out my toothbrush. I swept the floor and the porch, then turned on my laptop.
I checked e-mail, and then took my blood test results outside because it was such a nice day. I carefully read the numbers and highlighted the ones that were out of range or on the very edge. Then I came in to look them up on the internet. I did some tapping, and then ate a banana. I pulled the handbags out of the dryer and put the rugs back in the bathrooms. I decided not to delay breakfast any longer because I might turn to serious snacking instead. I made and ate breakfast and continued looking at test results.
I washed up and got dressed. I left home about 1:50. I went to the bank and got cash for the massage. Then I stopped at the nearby Michaels, looking for a can of spray starch. I couldn't find it and had to ask. It wasn't exactly starch, but they had a fabric stiffener. I bought it and headed to the health store.
My therapist was still working with another client, so I wandered around the store and looked for kombucha. I did not find that, but they had walnuts, which I happened to need. I sat and waited and tapped. When she was done, Gabrielle came out to get me. I gave her a quick version of what happened to me. She told me that the creases in my earlobes were not on the heart line but on the tinnitus line. That made me feel a little better. Then I laid on the table and she gave me the full body workup. She made jokes about me glowing in the dark. I guess I was the bright spot in her day.
Afterward, I paid her and bought a package of walnuts from the ladies at the front desk. I went home, stopping at the post office, but not finding any mail. It was such a nice day that I took a walk around the neighborhood. Then I did some lajin and read outside for awhile. Then, as daylight faded, I picked some dandelion for supper.
I made my salad and ate it while reading e-mail and listening to an audio. There was a message from Chris that he had reached the Atlanta airport.

I started watching an episode of The 4400. I got a message from my tapping buddy. She was going through something at work. I also got a message from Chris that he plane landed early and he would be home in 45 minutes. I messaged back and forth with my buddy and agreed to work together tomorrow when I had more time. When Chris came through the door, I greeted him, then finished my conversation with her while he unpacked.
We watched two episodes of Voyager. Then we fell into each others arms and went to bed – lights on, router still up, and apparently fridge door slightly ajar.
I did not sleep well. I kept waking up with hot flashes. When I did get up, I searched through my little boxes of essential oils, looking for a bottle of potassium iodide. But it wasn't there. Chris showed me the water that came out of the fridge during the night. That's when I found out the door had been ajar.
I got dressed and put up my hair. Then I sewed a fat strip to a strip triangle and sewed the triangles in pairs. The router was already on, so I sat down at my laptop. It was on too. The 4400 episode I was watching was still cued up so I finished watching it. Then I wrote my blog entry for yesterday and posted it.
* this is one of the orphan blocks contributed Tuesday night. *

No comments: