Tuesday, February 27, 2018

Walking with horses

I woke up before 8, dreaming that Chris told me we were moving and the packers were right behind him. They were packing things in boxes while I was trying to pack a suitcase for the plane. I wanted to text my Huntsville friends that I was leaving, but I couldn't remember where he said we were going.
I tried to go back to sleep, but the sound of a large lawn mower kept me awake. When I got up, it was 8:05, so the guy must have started early.
I had realized last night that I needed to finish the Renegades quilt by Sunday. So I pulled out the top and saw that one edge was ruffley. I hadn't measured all the pieces and it came back to bite me. I sewed deeper seams, but somehow that did not solve the problem. They had to come off.
I turned on the router and fired up my laptop. I drank water and checked e-mail. I started listening to an interview from Day 1 of the Tapping World Summit. I paused it half way through to get dressed and go to sewing.
I arrived about quarter of 10 with my bag of fleece strips and my quilt top. There were books and fabric on the table for the taking. I got two quilting novels. I unstitched the ruffley parts from the quilt top, and then crocheted fleece strips onto my rug already in progress. Beverly came and sat with me. I chatted with her and several other ladies. Jane was going to do some handsewing next to me, but she got caught up in other things and packed up without sewing. She was almost to her car before I caught up with her to give her the thimble she left behind.
Beverly and I went to the Asian store for kimbap. I ate a few pieces. Then she drove us to the Korean War Memorial bridge. There was a parking lot and a walking trail. We walked 1.2 miles out and turned around and came back. We passed pastures of horses and cows, and an overflowing stream. When we got back to the car, we went to a nearby thrift store. I was looking for a dehyddrator. Having no luck there, we went to Asbury thrift. They did not have one either. Then we went to one on Bob Wallace. But they were inexplicably closed today.
So we went back to the church and I picked up my car. I drove back to base, and then home. I checked the house mail and found only junk mail. I ate my remaining kimbap with kimchi while finishing the audio from this morning.
I did paida until Chris came home. I mowed the lawn, but it wasn't cutting well. I checked the blade and it was badly nicked. But I don't know where the sharpening tools are, so I mowed a little longer and, when it slowed down, gave up and plugged in the battery to recharge. It was nice to see pumpkin seedlings coming up from where we threw last year's pumpkin.
I put on an audio and listened (sort of) while I made hummus and seed crackers. I also had to listen to Chris rage about the new usajobs.gov log-in which made it a LOT harder to log in plus it made him choose between only logging in from work or from home, but both was not an option. It was scary.
I ate some of the old seed crackers and a piece of the new one. I also had some roast chicken and an apple. I checked e-mail and listened to the remaining tapping audio. I finished right about 8. I played a game of Solitaire while Chris finished up what he was doing. Then we sat down to watch two episodes of Voyager. Chris made his sandwich and went to bed. I stayed up to read a few more e-mails and post to my blog. I also prepared filtered water for tomorrow.

No comments: