Friday, February 16, 2018

Another gray day

I woke up at 6 hearing Chris get ready for work. I had slept through the night. Yay! I slept again and got up just before 8. I sewed a strip and pinned the next one. I turned on the router. I wrote letters on the banner pattern and taped it to the wall.
I started reading e-mail. I did lajin while listening to a paraliminal. The cardiologist office called and said I needed to come to an appt this afternoon for insurance purposes. I reluctantly agreed, but called the insurance company afterward and confirmed that a dr visit and pre-cert were not necessary. The clerk said the office was probably calling the wrong number and gave me the right one. I did another round of lajin (for the other leg). Then I called the office to tell them the new number. They said they'd call and get back to me.
I made up some new batches of mixtures with the new shipment of powders. The office called back and agreed the pre-cert was not necessary but next Thursday was the soonest they could do the stress test anyway. They gave me the option of coming in this afternoon or not. I chose not, since the insurance would only cover what was over our deductible, probably nothing.
I scrubbed the old crock pot container. It did not get clean enough to be worth donating. I hated to throw it away and wondered what else it might be good for. I listened to another paraliminal since the 3 day free offer should have ended at 10am.
I looked through my fabrics to find some alternate choices. I thought about how I was going to assemble the banner. I did not want to cut a large curved strip out of a perfectly good rectangle of fabric. Nor did I want to cut a strip at 45 degrees, again ruining a good rectangle. So I cut off a slightly biased strip from an ugly fabric and ironed it to match the curve of the circle to see how well it worked. It did ok until I sprayed it with water. From the smell, I realized it was not water after all, but one of my essential oil mixtures.
I left it to dry and made and ate breakfast. I played one game of Solitaire. I ate Chris' last banana. He likes them green anyway and this one was going soft. I listened to another paraliminal (with headphones) to aid digestion. Then another one just because I could. I wanted to go for a walk, but was surprised to see that it had started raining. I looked into the possibility of embroidering the letters on the banner. I tried every way I could think of to invoke my embroidery software but it insisted it could not detect the dongle. I checked e-mail, and then Chris came home with a package from Swansons. He changed clothes and started sorting laundry from the hamper. I gave him a reason to put it off for awhile, since he was leaving for a week. Then he resumed the laundry and I took a nap.
Later I made a salad for supper. In my e-mail there were lots of interviews to listen to and some tapping meditations. After supper we ran the dishwasher. I suggested we watch TV early since he was going to bed early.
So w watched two episodes of Voyager. Then I folded laundry while Chris packed his bags. I put mine away, as well as the kitchen towels. Then I sat down to write my blog and he went to bed.

No comments: