Tuesday, February 13, 2018

Lots of firsts

I got up about 8:15, not feeling wellrested. The bedroom is so dark, I can hardly tell if it is daytime. I sewed a strip and turned on the router. I checked e-mail rather quickly. I drank a quart of water. I got dressed and headed to Sew Faithful quilters. Both Beverlys were there already. We talked about the trip to Wilson's and the great fabric sale and looked at magazines. When most ladies had gone, Beverly got out the ironing board. I ironed her quilt backing. Then she and Anita taped it to a table and spray-basted it with batting and a quilt top. Beverly had another one ready, so I ironed that backing too, and they sandwiched it. After a little more chatting, we broke up. We each went home to prepare to go walking.
I drove home and exchanged my flats for walking shoes. I also ate a couple of broiled onions and grabbed a seed cracker. I ate it while driving to the Asian store. I purchased a package of kimbap. I ate a few pieces in the parking lot, and a few more at red lights. I drove down Bob Wallace to the parkway. I intended to stay on the access roads until I got to the Oakwood exit, but it doesn't work that way. I had to get on the parkway to avoid going downtown. But amazingly, I wasn't all that nervous about it. Finally I got to Beverly's house. She was ready to walk, so we took her car and went downtown to Greene Street. We walked a path that was on the Liz Hurley route and involved walking uphill. We chatted the whole way so it wasn't bad. Also, we saw some amazing houses. Many were historical. Probably expensive, too.
Then we went back to her house. She showed me projects she was working on. I paid her for the quilt backing fabric. I could not believe that she got it for $5 a yard AND 40% off.
When I got back from Beverly's house, I ate the rest of the kimbap with the rest of the kimchi. I poked out all the little yellow pieces of radish. When Chris came home from work, he ate them. There was no mail from either the office or the mailbox. I read e-mail and played Solitaire while listening to paraliminals. They are free to stream for the next three days. I did the ones for ideal weight, for sleep, and for deep relaxation.
Pat had texted me about two books that she wanted for the guild library. So I ordered them on Amazon, along with some kava supplements.
Jennifer had given me a Wrawp pizza crust. It was gluten-free and vegan. Basically it was made out of vegetables. I sliced up some cheese on it, and stuck it in the toaster oven. When the cheese was melted, I took it out. I asked Chris what else would be good on it. He suggested tomato sauce, but I didn't want to open a whole can for one little crust. I spread some leftover fish on it and stuck it back in the oven to heat. When I ate it, it was pretty good, though a little stiff.
I listened to a few more paraliminals. They were roughly 15 minutes long. But the last one was over 20, so I was late brushing my teeth and getting my coat on.
I went to church. They were just wrapping up their Mardi Gras dinner. I thought the stewardship meeting started at 7, but it was 7:30. So I sat in the little room and selected a book from the shelf to read. Within half an hour, 3 more people arrived. The men who usually give the financial reports were not there. So we mostly talked about time and talent. The idea under discussion was
At 8:35 I packed up, said a quick goodbye, and headed home before the gate closed. Earlier I thought about stopping on the way home for a card to give Chris. But there wasn't time to stop.
When I got home, Chris was on his laptop. I drank some kava tea. Then we watched one episode of Voyager. We had a little discussion about the future. He told me he is going to Soto Cano for a week. Then he made his sandwich and went to bed. I stayed up to blog and think how I will approach my sleeping problem tonight.

No comments: