Thursday, December 6, 2018

A time for heat

In the middle of the night (or so I thought), I woke up cold. I remembered that Chris had turned off the heat while we watched TV so we could hear the voices. I got up to turn on the heat and went back to bed. Sadly, I couldn't sleep. After a bit, I heard Chris' alarm ring. He got up, got ready and went to work. I might have slept after that, but I don't think so. I pulled the heating pad over me and turned it on. I pulled the covers over it and then got sleepy. I stayed in bed until 8:20.
I finally got up, swished, and sewed pieces of a saucer together. I turned on the router. I emptied the bucket of wash water, and hung coats up. I have so many but I do wear them all. I listened to the last episode of Interconnected. They recommended root vegetables and prebiotic foods, plus fermented foods.
I rinsed the sprouts, and made tea. I boiled water to soak nuts. I read e-mail for awhile, then made hummus. I cleaned up the utensils, and then made and ate breakfast.
I did a quick search for coordinating fabric for small projects. Then I put my sewing gear in the car and went to quilting.
There were lots of ladies there but they didn't stay long after I arrived. Nothing personal, I hope. Finally it was just Pat, Leanne and me. Leanne was working on an embroidered tablerunner. Pat had a quilt but wasn't working on it, just talking to us. I traced templates and cut out pieces, and sewed them together to make saucers. But I ran out of batting.
At 3 I packed up to go home. Leanne and I decided to see a movie tomorrow and made specific plans. Then we all left and I went home.
I checked the house mail. I found some sheets of plastic to put over the plants outside. I put some Christmas lights under the plastic to help keep them warm. I made salad while heating soup and read e-mail. Chris came home from work. We talked about our days. I read more e-mail. I ate soup and then pickled beets. I put together an Amazon order.
By 7 I had my laptop set up in the guest room. My tapping buddy called me and we worked on procrastination. It seemed to be effective for both of us. After the call, Chris and I watched two episodes of DS9. Chris made his lunch and went to bed. I stayed up to blog and charge my phone.
* These are Leanne's embroidered blocks. *

No comments: