Monday, December 3, 2018

Profitable day

I got up at 7, and ran through my early morning routine, sewing several squares together. I soaked new seeds, and the sprouts, which are ready to eat. I put away the dishes in the dishdrainer. I got dressed and put tissue paper in the bag to cover the embroidered blankets.
I drove to the Korean clinic, and sat in my car waiting. I was a little early. Right on time, they drove up. Dr. Grace greeted me at my car. I got out and handed her the bag and showed her my work. She liked it. She asked how much and I told her $100. It was hard for me to charge so much, but I figured it was the best way to not get asked again. Quark would have be proud. Dr. Grace was a little taken aback, but did not argue. We went inside and she introduced me to her daughter and boyfriend. Then Dr. Grace led me outside where she pulled the cash from her purse and paid me. I thanked her and went home.
I read e-mail while listening to interviews. I ate a fat bomb, and later made breakfast. I placed a Swanson order. It was nearly noon when I finished the second interview. I grabbed a few projects, and loaded them in the trunk with my sewing gear.
I went to quilting. I gave Dinah the bag with the 7 quilts that the Tuesday group had given me. She was very thankful. She took them to the church office. I set up my machine and quilted the saucer I made on Saturday. Then I pressed a quilt top. I also cut fabric to make nine-patch blocks. Bertha was working on some embroidered panels that fit together to make an ornament. They were so pretty, that I forgot to take a picture! Before she left, she put out horse blocks for anyone who wanted them. No one did, so I took them. Then everyone was gone but Carolyn and me. I sewed a little longer, but she hinted at leaving, so I packed up. She locked up behind me.
I went home, and checked the mail, but it hadn't gone yet. I ironed the horse scraps that seemed to go with the blocks. Then I went for a walk because it was nice weather. When I got back, I looked through a box marked 'finished projects'. Then I looked for matching fabric for a second set of horse blocks. I listened to another interview, and ate cheese and nuts. I posted quilt pics to the Facebook page of the Monday group.
Chris came home, too late to stop by the post office. I checked the house mail and there was one letter to both of us. It was from the church, asking for money for staff gifts. I made a salad. As I ate, I listened to an episode of the Autoimmune summit. I called Dad to remind him to eat fat bombs. He sounded very clear and focused. That was encouraging. I read past unread e-mails, clearing some out.
Then I researched remineralizing compounds. But so far, every one had some objectionable ingredient. Then we watched two episodes of DS9. I took my evening magnesium and progesterone. I typed up my blog and went to bed.
* These are the quilts from our group that got blessed on Sunday. With the ones that came in today, there are 25, which is pretty good for a month's notice. They are going to another church which is having a party for abused kids. *

No comments: