Sunday, December 23, 2018

Bristol here we come

We stayed in bed late. I won't say why. But when I did get up, I tried to follow the usual routine. I sewed some patches together. I brushed and swished, and made tea. I filled more water bottles. I put a chunk of frozen lemon in my drinking water, plus some fire cider. I found my packing list and went around the house looking for the items on the list. It was kind of like a scavenger hunt. Chris laid out the suitcase on the bed and I filled it from the laundry basket and my dresser. I added items to the food box. I ate breakfast and checked e-mail. I watered the plants. As I finished packing, Chris took items to the car. Finally we were ready to go.
We pulled out at noon. We put a book on CD and listened to it all the way. I dozed off several times but still followed the story- more or less. We made one pit stop. When it got dark, the moon came up and it was really big, at least at first. I tried to take a picture of it. By the time we got to Bristol, it was regular size.
We checked in at the hotel, carrying in all but the food. Then we went to a grocery store. I wasn't very hungry because I ate seed crackers and banana oatmeal cookies on the way. I bought a pound of seafood salad at the deli. Then we went to Five Guys where Chris bought a burger and fries. We went back to the hotel and carried in the food boxes and the prepared food. I took some digestive enzymes before I ate the salad, and some activated charcoal afterward, since I did not know what was in the salad.
We read e-mail for awhile, until 8:30 Central time. We watched one episode of Travelers and discovered it was the last one. So then we decided on Lost in Space. We watched the premiere episode, then went back to e-mail. I made a cup of kava tea and listened to some videos by a man named Nathan Wheeler telling his life story.

No comments: