Thursday, December 20, 2018

The case is solved

The sleep app woke me and I fell back asleep. I got up after 9. It was raining the rain we were supposed to have last evening but I prayed would hold off until after our choir caroling.
I swished and finished sewing a basting stitch around the quilt. I turned on the router and boiled water for tea and soaking nuts. I started reading e-mail.
The maintenance man came to fix the screens. When he was done, he took a window with him to repair. I made and ate breakfast. He came back with the window, but it would not slide into the door. So he took it away again. I got dressed and packed up quilt. He came back and this time the window slid in. He left. I wrapped the brown and purple binding on a toilet paper tube. Then I put my machine in the car and headed out.
I had a hunch to go to the church to check for my ID. It was lying in the wet grass near my usual parking space. I picked it up sopping wet and put it in the footwell of the passenger side. Then I went to quilting.
Either not many women came, or they came and left. Just a few were gathered around the tables talking. I set up my machine by Pat. She said we had to leave at 2. I sewed the binding on while listening to Pat and the others talk. I finished at 1:30 and packed up. Everyone else did too. When everything was put away and the blinds were closed, we headed out. I went home, using my ID to get on post. What a relief!
When I got home, I checked the mail – none. I took everything out of my pouch and ironed it dry. There was a $10 in there so I ironed it too, but it reacted to the heat so I backed off. I read some e-mail and put on an interview. I sorted through fleece scraps to find some nice colors for a rug. I ate some nuts and a piece of chocolate. I opened the doors to let in fresh air. It was surprisingly temperate outside.
I heated some liver and onions. After eating it, I found myself looking for more food. So I went for a walk even though it was raining. When I got back, I made and ate a salad. I played Solitaire while listening to interview on EMFs. I brushed my teeth and swished.
Then I moved my laptop to the guest room and tapped with my buddy on Skype for 90 minutes. When we were done, I returned my laptop to the dining room. I re-heated my tea and took a unit of testosterone. We watched two episodes of Travelers. Then I took the progesterone and magnesium and vitamin C. Chris made his sandwich and went to bed. I stayed up to blog.
* This is the wreath I hung on the door yesterday. It doesn't show up during the day against the black door. The directions call for spritzing so it won't dry out. Well, in this rainy weather, it should be just fine. *

No comments: