Saturday, December 8, 2018

Home, home in the rain

I shut my sleep app off and rolled over. Chris was already up. I went back to sleep but a hot flash woke me up. So it was about 9 when I got up.
I brushed and swished. I paired up a whole pile of squares. I sewed some and left the rest for sewing another day. Chris had the router on already. I drank my water and read e-mail and listened to an interview or two. I made and ate breakfast.
I put on my coat and went with Chris to the tailor to pick up his pants. They needed a clasp put on. I asked if they do embroidery and the guy said not any more since it took so much time. I totally understood.
It was raining all the way home. I kept my coat on for awhile in the house. I heated a bowl of onion and beef soup. I started a new batch of seeds since the current one is almost ready to eat. I dealt with more e-mail. So many of them are for end-of-the-year sales. Any inventory they have left on Dec 31st gets taxed. So much decision making for me, since the sale prices of things I kinda want are so tempting.
I finished sewing the bottom of the green cup. Then I started more saucers, but calling them hot pads because the cups take too long to make. I searched both my laptop and the desktop for an e-book on dental health that I bought years ago. It took an hour or more to find it. It was in a directory marked 'old_puter'.
I put on my heaviest coat, got my umbrella, and braved the rain to get our mail. None of it was actually for us. It was junk mail. But one piece was for someone down the street who might want their alumni newsletter. They'll have to wait.
I cracked three eggs in a Korean bowl and put them in the toaster oven. When I took them out, I added cashews and coconut flakes. It was actually good. Then I worked on the hotpads some more.
At 8, we watched three episodes of DS9. I took my last dose of testosterone for the day. I wonder when I will actually feel some effect. The pharmacy talked about the possible effects, but I feel nothing. I wrote my blog post and went to bed, so I would have a chance of getting up on time tomorrow.
* A work in progress *

No comments: