Monday, December 17, 2018

Oven is fixed

I woke up hearing water running. It seemed like Chris was taking a really long shower. But eventually I had to get up to use the bathroom and discovered that the toilet was making the noise. Chris had already gone to work. I fixed the toilet and went back to bed. My alarm rang at 7:30. I silenced the phone and called William (because he had called last night during the party). He wanted info that was on my computer so I had to call him back later. Then I got up. I swished and sewed, then turned on the router.
I was boiling water for tea and nuts, and soaking sprouts when a man knocked at the front door. He had a part for the oven and lost no time installing it. When he finished, I mentioned the light switches that weren't working properly. He said he could fix them, but I needed to submit work orders. As soon as he left, I called Housing and left a message.
Chris had left the bread machine out as a signal that he needed bread. I added the ingredients and set it in motion. Then I made seed crackers. They came out extra crispy so I guess the oven gets hotter now than it used to get. I made a new batch of spice mix. I read e-mail for a bit, then made and ate breakfast. I opened the package of SwissShield Naturell RF Shielding Fabric. I wrapped the fabric around the router but to no effect. Dang! That is expensive stuff!
I was getting ready to head to quilting when William called. I talked to him briefly, then loaded two projects in my cart and rolled it to the car. I went to quilting. I set up my machine, initially doing more talking than sewing. Then I worked on nine patch blocks while listening to the ladies talk. Lauri and Alice whom I don't see often stayed late to sew with me.
When I got home, I checked the mail and brought my sewing gear inside. It was such a nice day that I had to go walking. I went to Housing to make sure they got my message this morning. I also submitted a work order for mold in the bathroom. I finished my walk in a hurry to get back. The man said mold had to be investigated within an hour of reporting. Chris was home when I got back. I told him the oven was fixed. Then the man came back. He checked the mold in bathroom, and looked at the storm window. After he left, I checked the mail Chris brought from the post office. The watch batteries had arrived. I asked Chris to put one in my watch. But the buckle on the new band fell off as soon as I tried to put it on. Chris stuck it back on, but it fell off a second time. I went to Amazon and reported it as defective. They wanted to know how I was going to return it. While I was considering that, Chris put the buckle back on. I tried it again, and this time it stayed. I decided to wait on the return, just in case.
I put some yucca root in the toaster oven to heat. I ate the last of the beef and pulled some liver from the freezer to thaw for tomorrow. I made a salad and ate it while reading e-mail.
I cut strips for binding, going for the two-color effect since there is no color (other than white) which will look good with the front and the back. William called at 8. I got some strips joined while talking to him.
After the call, we watched last two episodes of DS9. I kept a cold rice pack on my left shoulder. The final episode must have been twice as long as a regular episode because it was almost 11 when we finished. Chris went to bed and I stayed up to blog as fast as possible and get to bed.
* This is from Sunday morning. *

No comments: